To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
19301 Southwest 87th Avenue
Cutler Bay, FL 33157
- Emmett Bane
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Administrator
East Ridge at Cutler Bay • Cutler Bay, FL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Health Care Administrator plans and directs all day-to-day functions of the health center (Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Memory Support and Rehabilitation) in accordance with applicable company, federal, state, and local standards to ensure the highest degree of quality care is provided to residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, and evaluates the health center's programs/activities.
- Assists with the development of the health center's organizational structure and articulates the roles of department heads within that structure.
- Sets a standard of health care and hospitality excellence among all associates working in the health center; promotes a culture of successful aging through wellness, continuous learning, spiritual growth and social connectivity.
- Assists Executive Director in maintaining licensure and certification of the Community; Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations; maintain personal Administrator's license.
- Develops and promulgates, with Executive Director approval, standards and guidelines that are applicable to the nursing and assisted living settings.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, and ensure the health center remains in compliance with these laws and regulations at all times
- Maintain a positive relationship with representatives of government agencies who survey and inspect the Community.
- Promote and maintain a working relationship with the Community health delivery system.
- Conduct health center physical inspections; perform evaluations for state board of health.
- Maintain awareness of Medicare Payment issues which influence the operation of the health center; Review and recommend changes to Medicare Report.
- Be familiar with the facility’s Quality Indicator Reports, Benchmarking reports, and Offsite Chart Audit Process Reports.
- Ensure that corporate compliance and HIPAA directives are implemented and monitored.
- Meet with residents to solve problems and concerns, assist in determining when a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist in developing budget, prepare monthly financial analysis and cash flows, and approve purchase orders.
- Monitor in-service education for staff to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
- Assist Director of Operations, Executive Director, and Marketing Director with occupancy development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in health care/business administration or related field
- A minimum of four years prior experience as a nursing home administrator
- Must meet state requirements for and be licensed as a health-care center administrator