To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1500 Commodity Boulevard
Lockbourne, OH 43137
- Alicia McVitty
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Freight Transportation Broker
Network Global Logistics • Lockbourne, OH
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Network Global Logistics (NGL) Supply Chain Services (SCS) provides logistical expertise for our clients’ end to end supply chain needs. We partner with our customers to provide a variety of services including, consolidation center services, repacking/POP services, cross docking and reverse logistics. We utilize sophisticated, proven inventory and transportation management systems, as well as, highly trained teams to deliver stellar on-time performance and inventory accuracy service levels. As an experienced provider of order fulfillment services, NGL has a history of processing accurate, on-time, 100% retail-compliant shipments for some of the world’s largest retailers. Our high-volume distribution and order fulfillment centers are conveniently located throughout North America.
Visit us at: http//www.nglog.com
We are seeking exceptional candidates for a Freight Transportation Broker position at our Lockbourne, OH facility. Transportation modes focus on dry van, reefer, flatbed, over-sized loads, TL and LTL. The successful candidate will have prior experience in carrier procurement and freight brokerage operations.
- Manage customers' day-to-day shipping needs (dispatching) and provide excellent customer service
- Identify transportation service needs from the shipper to its customer
- Manage multiple customer shipments simultaneously
- Continuously contact new carriers to expand capacity options
- Request rate quotes and negotiate freight rates with carriers
- Tender shipments to qualified carriers based on rate and service performance
- Utilize online load boards, like DAT and Internet Truckstop, to acquire carriers at good rates
- Schedule all aspects of pick up/delivery with shipper, consignee and carrier
- Update Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Effectively track shipment status through various methods (phone, online, e-mail, EDI to TMS, etc.)
- Follow up via phone with end user for delivery confirmation and details
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and profitability
- Negotiate shipping rates with third party carrier partners to assure highest margin possible for hauling excess load capacity
- Request and audit all necessary shipping and carrier documents prior to load tender
- Verify accuracy of freight billing and dispute discrepancies accordingly
- Dispatch load assignments and assist drivers with routing and other needs or questions
- Monitor carrier movement from shipper to receiver to ensure load is delivered on time and in the intended condition. Follow up on service failures and take corrective measures
- Run inquiry and ad-hoc reports as requested
- Respond to high volume of communications daily
- Solicit additional freight commitments from customers
- Solicit and develop carrier relationships
- Prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, updating, and other tasks as assigned
In addition to a great working environment here at NGL, we also provide a complete benefits package, to include:
§ Competitive salary
§ Medical, dental, and vision insurance
§ Paid Time Off
§ Life insurance and disability
§ 401(k) plan (immediate enrollment – no waiting period)
NGL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, gender or disability.
- College degree preferred, must have high school diploma or GED
- Must have at least 3 years of operational experience in freight brokerage and trucking businesses
- Ability to develop the carrier base, negotiate rates, validate carrier safety and compliance, dispatch shipments, and provide shipment tracking services to customers.
- Knowledge of major traffic lanes and competitive carrier rates
- Prior use of transportation management systems (TMS) and Microsoft Office, especially Outlook email, Excel spreadsheets and Word
- Highly organized and able to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and within team setting
- Strong communications skills with a positive and engaging personality