To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, SC
- Technical Recruiter
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Business Analyst Opportunity
Pelican Technology Partners • Columbia, SC
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: IT Business Analyst
*** This position is not available for Corp to Corp placement ***
Pelican Technology Partners is seeking an experienced Business Analyst for a long term Contract opportunity in Columbia, SC., not within the Insurance sector. This position offers excellent benefits, a stable work environment and the rare opportunity to join a very established senior level team.
Business Analyst (BA) serves as the functional project team member on small, medium, and large projects. These projects include the following: development of new systems/applications, installation of purchased systems/applications, modification enhancements to existing systems/applications, and development of methods and procedures. The BA defines and performs analytical tasks to improve and ensure the quality of new and existing systems/applications working with business users and technical staff in the design, development, integration and maintenance of these systems/applications. The BA serves as a business user on specifically assigned systems/applications and performs associated support duties.
Attractive Base Compensation, Comprehensive Benefits that include Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
Location: Columbia, SCType: Long Term Contract
- Computer science/IT or other business discipline degree or equivalent work experience.
- Background in software development process, business process, data analysis, SQL queries, software testing/planning, and/or customer service.
- Previous experience working with conversions, upgrades of software, web service interface.
- Project execution skills gained through experience with implementation of software projects.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, MS project and Visio, SQL Server Management Studio, and Visual Studio Online.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with users, technical staff and management.
- Ability to establish priorities and organize assignments, and to work effectively within timelines and under general supervision.
- Experience in writing test cases, functional manual testing and issue tracking.
- Ability to identify and validate requirements and organize the information into a logical document understood by the customer.
- Experience in elicitation and documenting user requirements to meet a business objective.
- Agile development experience is a plus.
- Automated testing experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in areas of banking, finance, and/or accounting is a plus.
- Previous experience with loan origination, online banking, and/or cash services is a plus.
- Strong team player and effective collaborator.
Key Words: Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, BA, Agile, Accounting, Loan, Mortgage