To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1267 South River Road
Cranbury Township, NJ 08512
- Angela Sydnor
- Phone: 5022614756
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CDL/Transportation Overnight Supervisor
Papa John's International, Inc. • Cranbury Township, NJ
Posted 8 days ago
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for assisting in leading daily transportation operations and directing operations. This position will ensure adherence to all quality assurance programs, develops leadership skills in self and direct report team, while creating a safe working environment according to PJFS standards. This position ensures excellence in customer service through product availability, accurate loads within specified delivery/dispatch windows to Papa John's restaurants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with administrative duties, including but not limited to payroll, PUC reporting, fuel usage tracking and routing.
- Supervise Delivery Specialists, conduct timely performance reviews and hold regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Assist in training new Delivery Specialists through the use of PJ Food Service SOP Manual. This may include facilitating training routes, assisting in unloading product, coaching proper product handling and training proper paperwork procedures, DOT logbooks, alarm and key procedures.
- Assist in daily activities of transportation team, including but not limited to backhauling and moving equipment between the Quality Control Center or equipment vendors and other suppliers as necessary.
- Assist the Manager in confirming Drivers are in accordance with Department of Transportation “DOT" regulations (Drug and Alcohol Policy, hours of service, etc)
- Maintain accurate and complete departmental records.
- Assist the Transportation Manager in managing fleet and equipment repair and regular maintenance through the service provider. Ensure equipment availability or source rental equipment.
- Interact with and assist other departments to accomplish efficient and timely delivery.
- Understanding of multi-stop operations.
- Able to build great working relationships with Drivers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
- Must have current CDL Class A.
- Ability to effectively communicate and give direction verbally and in writing in English required.
- Routing experience preferred.
- Basic skill with Windows based computer systems required.
- Experience with Drive Cam and Blue Tree preferred.
- Smith System Certification helpful.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Must be able to work the overnight shift 11pm to 7am Mon-Thurs and Sat 3am to 11am.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College education or business management development preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years progressive supervisory experience required, preferably in transportation.
- Must have knowledge of FMHA/DOT regulations and OSHA safety requirements.
- Valid CMV and Class A CDL certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of onboard computer systems
- Acceptable MVR preferred.
- General accounting and/or payroll experience required.