To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Macon, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Automotive Title / Accounting Clerk
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Large Automotive Dealership seeking a License and Title Clerk. A License & Title Clerk processes car deals; verifies costs for the accounting department, including the costs of reconditioning and equipment add-ons, and handles the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Processes all vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled.
- Prepares tax and title documents.
- Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct lienholder paid off before processing title applications.
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
- Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
- Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of Origin.
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work.
- Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the comptroller at the end of month.
- 1-3 years of License & Title experience necessary.
- Knowledge of CDK/ADP Dealer Service system strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.