To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Haven, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Payroll Coordinator for Awesome Non-Profit!
Creative Financial Staffing • New Haven, CT
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, located in New Haven, is a national non-profit that's been servicing families and individuals for about 50 years. They have partnered with CFS to identify a seasoned Payroll Coordinator join their team, due to a vacancy in the department. We have a negotiated 90-day contract with them, and their benefits plan kicks in immediately upon hire.
They offer a generous overall package, including vacation/sick pay, 14 paid holidays, excellent Health/Vision/Dental coverage, and work-life balance. We place someone around this time last year, who is still there and loves the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PAYROLL COORDINATOR
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, and insurance to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Enter data into payroll system to compute wages and deductions.
- Post data to payroll records.
- Reviews wage computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepare and issues paychecks.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE PAYROLL ROLE:
- At least 6 months of relevant experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ADP, Ceridian or Paychex is preferred
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: payroll, payroll processing, ADP, accounting