To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1000 Galloping Hill Road
Union, NJ 07083
- Pooja Chauhan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Data Analyst
NJ Retina • Union, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
NJ Retina is currently seeking an enthusiastic Health Care Data Analyst.
The Health Care Data Analyst reports to the Director of Revenue and will be responsible for gathering, compiling, modeling, validating, and analyzing data needed by the company. The data will then be used to understand the current trends in the health care system and to make well-informed decisions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting full lifecycle analysis, interpreting data, analyzing results, using statistical techniques as well as provide ongoing reports. Must possess excellent analytical skills. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Develop analytical models for the practice assessments and continuous reporting.
- Obtain data from various internal sources, understanding relevant differences between each data source, design/create database structures and/or reports for analysis and possible production reporting.
- Resolve data input, storage and/or retrieval problems and design modifications and/or solutions; verify data input and correct errors
- Synthesize complex data and statistical analysis in a concise, meaningful way to a non-expert, non-reimbursement audience.
- Maintain data and perform analysis of payer contacts and net collection rates.
- Conduct data analysis on impact of legislative and regulatory proposals and analyze trends affecting physicians and healthcare.
- Update and develop new and current audit recover reports, develop custom queries.
- Monitor and Analyze A/R for new conforming payment trends and causes.
- Provide monthly Divisional reports with corresponding commentary.
- Develop Practice Scorecard for key metrics.
- Monitor office patient collection rates versus bench marked data.
- Ability to extract data from multiple software systems such as AthenaHealth, Allscripts PM, GE Centricity, Mysis Vision and other practice management systems.
- Proficiency in matching and merging data from disparate data sources; advanced proficiency in creating sophisticated databased and Excel pivot tables.
- Understanding of healthcare reimbursement including but not limited to federal and state regulations.
- Create data visualization and infographics for Word documents and PowerPoint presentations; ability to create professional executive reports.
- Assist with technical and process improvements, including testing, analysis and research methods.
- Maintain daily, weekly, monthly healthcare dashboard for revenue cycle management.
- Develop business analytics.
- Provide financial analysis.
- Ability to work with various departments and vendors independently.
- AD HOC reporting as required.
- Special projects.
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management or other relevant discipline
- SQL experience preferred
- Prior experience in healthcare analytics
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- 4-5 years of experience working with data management systems
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Excel-including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Database reporting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Project Management