To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1000 Galloping Hill Road
Union, NJ 07083
- Pooja Chauhan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Data Analyst
NJ Retina • Union, NJ
Posted 5 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Healthcare Data Analyst
Responsible for producing reports from various sources to provide the NJRetina’s Central Business Office (CBO) with actionable information or business intelligence. Working with marginal oversight, the incumbent is responsible for performing complex research, analysis, and reporting of network utilization, cost containment and key operational information. Creates and maintains healthcare dashboard and standardized reports. and Success of the role is determined by how well data is turned into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Role and Responsibilities:
● Performs detailed analysis, identifies trends and patterns in data
● Evaluates data and reports findings for accuracy, completeness, intent, and scope
● Gather claims, provider, and membership data in support of affordability, trend and utilization analytics.
● Obtains data from various internal sources, captures relevant differences between each data source, designs/creates database structures and/or reports for analysis and possible production reporting.
● Resolves data input, storage and/or retrieval problems and design modifications and/or solutions; verify data input and correct errors
● Synthesize complex data and statistical analysis in a concise, meaningful way to a non-expert, non-reimbursement audience.
● Maintains data and performs analysis of payer contacts and net collection rates.
● Conducts data analysis on impact of legislative and regulatory proposals and analyze trends affecting physicians and healthcare.
● Collaborate with management and internal teams to implement and evaluate improvements
● Responsible for special projects and other assignments as required
NJ Retina is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Health Informatics and/or similar field requiring significant quantitative analysis.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience and knowledge in healthcare data management, analysis and reporting, and healthcare procedures is required.
● Ability to extract data from multiple software systems such as athenaHealth, Allscripts PM, GE Centricity, Mysis Vision and other practice management systems.
● Understanding of healthcare procedures, billing codes system, health insurance process
● Demonstrated use of software for data analysis; specifically, spreadsheet and database systems (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access), data extraction and manipulation (e.g. COGNOS, SAS), data visualization (e.g. Tableau) and analytic automation (e.g. scripting, macros).
● Experience in data analysis and visualization methods
● Knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) frameworks
● Proficient in SQL and analysis tools (e.g. SAS)
● Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and data management systems
● Outstanding analytical and problem-solving aptitude
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills