To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9400 McKnight Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- Bill Brundage
- Phone: 412-369-9501
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Posted 9 days ago
Travel - Negligible
Experience - At least 5 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 /Year
Consumer Products, Transportation, Manufacturing
Purchasing - Procurement, Transportation, Distribution - Shipping
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A suburban Pittsburgh Pa client is searching for a Transportation Manager whose primary responsibility will be the procurement of carrier services across the US. This includes negotiating favorable terms, holding the carriers to KPI's and developing strong relationships with the carriers.
- Responsible for all procurement activities related to securing competitive transportation services for all assigned business that result in the lowest landed total cost with the highest possible service level. Secure surge volume capacity as required.
- Assist in the preparation of annual Transportation budget and analyze monthly variances.
- Analyze our transportation network and develop proposals for service, capacity and cost improvements.
- Help develop and maintain strategic carrier relationships and transportation performance KPI reports for all relevant transportation modes including conducting carrier meetings/reviews.
- Provide transportation management expertise and input to assist in the roll out of the transportation management program.
- Responsible for service to a designated group of customers
- Responsible for all the skill and educational development of direct reports including new hire orientations.
- Bachelor Degree in related field – Business, Transportation, Logistics preferred
- 5-7 years Transportation experience.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Carrier management and procurement experience preferred.
- Master degree in related field – Business, Transportation, Logistics preferred.
Language and technical skills requirement
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook & Access, TMS applications
- Ability to interface with other functional areas including carrier management.
- Thorough understanding of surface transportation management terms and concepts
- Proven analytical, problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Experience with all transportation modes including temp controlled freight.
Job ID: BB/Trans
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.