Job is located in Brown Summit
As the Packing Associate, you will operate basic finishing machinery in Finishing or Stamp Finishing Department including regular coilers, Longford line and other basic machinery in support of stamp finishing operations and/or Specsoft/PMO inspection, packaging, Cisco rewind and other small equipment in the Finishing Dept., while meeting safety and production requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS OF THE POSITION:
· Maintains a safe working environment at all times
· Operates basic Finishing and Stamp Finishing Department equipment including coilers, Specsoft and PMO packaging/inspection, Cisco rewind, packaging lines, cutters, sheeters, and related equipment.
· Handles and feeds material.
· Maintains operating and malfunction/downtime log and required production documentation (“SERADEX” ERP system)
· Follows quality standards, maintains close tolerances, performs quality checks and enters Quality non-conformances (QNCR’s) into Intelex system.
· Monitor ink jet numbering systems (on coiler and where applicable) for proper operation.
· Performs simple maintenance (blade changes) and clean up.
· Trains new employees as required
· Assists with examining product when needed
· Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Some previous printing or binding machine operation helpful.
· Basic computer skills
· Mechanical aptitude · Good visual acuity and color vision
· Ability to walk, stand, bend or reach 12 hours.
· Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to work on any shift (day or night/12 hour shifts)
· Must be able to adhere to stringent security and safety rules.
2nd and 3rd shifts... 3-11pm and 11pm-7am.
806 State Highway 66 S, Suite G, Kernersville, NC 27284
Packaging And Labeling