To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
300 Grogan Avenue
Merced, CA 95341
- Lisa Gonzalo
- Phone: (209) 384-2575
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Transit and Charter Bus Driver - Merced CA
VIA Trailways • Merced, CA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Drivers needed for YARTS (Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System) and/or charter service. ***$2000.00 SIGN ON BONUS FOR DRIVERS WITH A VTT and air brake certification. $3000.00 BONUS FOR DRIVERS WHO ALREADY ARE SPAB or SCHOOL BUS CERTIFIED with air brakes.
VIA Adventures currently has openings for friendly people with good customer service & communication skills to join our team of motor coach and transit drivers. Training will be provided for drivers without a commercial license. Successful candidates will have an excellent driving history, a minimum of five years driving experience, must pass a DOT physical exam and DOT drug screen.
Top pay and benefits with a potential for a 4 day workweek of 40 hours available for transit system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Pre-trip, safety and standards bus checkout
● Responsible for the safe operation of the motor vehicles, including obeying all traffic laws
● Assist with the loading and unloading of wheelchair passenger including the proper securing of chair
● Provides extra assistance to persons with disabilities as needed
● Pick-up and greet customers at assigned locations on time
● Assist customers in boarding vehicles in a safe and efficient manner at all times
● Maintain accurate log books, mileage records, fuel usage, and all other documentation as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● High school diploma (GED) or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the noted knowledge, skills, and abilities
● Minimum of 5 years driving experience
● Excellent customer service and communication skills