To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
South Bridge Drive
Sioux City, IA 51111
- kristan oltrogge
- Phone: 712-258-6690
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Department Assistant - Transportation Assistant
Sabre Industries, Inc • Sioux City, IA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Department Assistant I, Transportation
Sabre Towers and Poles
Open4 Job Number: 26-9800
Dept: Transportation 0440
● Prepares all truckload bills of lading prior to shipment and completes required paperwork prior to movement.
● Monitors movement of truckload and LTL shipments for all carriers to actual delivery date of finished product.
● Reviews and maintains accurate yard inventory records, prior to shipping, including, but not limited to, bin locations for all structures produced and/or received into Sabre, Sioux City, IA along with corresponding miscellaneous items and hardware to accompany these structures.
● Conducts and documents random cycle counts of outside yard inventory bin locations to insure accurate placement of sections/structures and corresponding miscellaneous items and hardware.
● Acquires rate quotes for all types of shipments upon request of all departments, locations and customers.
● Communicates and administers any problems or circumstances which may cause delay in pickup or delivery of Sabre product to all departments, locations, customers and carriers affected.
● Maintains, completes and files all OS&D claims with all LTL carriers and ensures time deadlines are met and any detention charges, carrier issues are handled in a timely manner.
● Assists in development and execution of department procedures, strives for improvement in transportation services to find most practical, economical and cost effective manner to help gain sale of specific job.
● Knowledge of truckload, LTL, container, domestic and international within the trucking industry is desired.
● Must possess effective English written and verbal communications skills.
● Must be detail orientated and able to work with a high degree of accuracy while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
● Must have proficient working knowledge of Microsoft office products such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
● Current and valid driver’s license preferred.
● Must be able to stand, sit, use fingers to handle, grasp and type. Must be able to communicate effectively by hearing and talking.
● Must be comfortable working in a plant office environment with occasional need to be outside in the shipping yard outside.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Day Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, OT as needed