To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Adam Candela
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
The CSI Companies • Birmingham, AL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CSI Tech is searching for a Structural Engineer with a P.E license for an engineering firm based in the Birmingham, AL area. Candidates must have at least 5 years of structural engineering experience in the commercial sector and have worked closely with architects and contractors in a project based environment. Project management, a P.E license, and commercial structure engineering experience is required.
This is a great opportunity to carve out a Principle leadership role within the company (this is a "2nd in charge" position!)
The company is offering a salary range of 85k-100k (flexible depending on experience) plus a 15% bonus paid quarterly.
Structural engineers are responsible for the construction of the structure.
The building is designed by an architect and they work closely with them to check the viability of the design.
Oversee all the construction till the building is done.
Decide the best material to be used in the construction.
Calculations that have to be taken into account like the pressure points and the amount of weight being exerted on it.
Only after these calculations are done construction work begins.
- Make calculations for the building that is designed by the architect
- Make calculations for the internal and external structure of the building
- For the internal structure, have to calculate the thickness of the steel girders to be used
- Also, have to take into consideration the piping and air conditioning systems
- Calculate what kind of material will be required where, as there are many different kinds of materials that are used in constructions
- For external structure, must take into account the number of people that will be occupying the building, the furniture and other equipment that will be present
- Finalize the design and be present at the site of the construction in case there are any on site problems
- Inspect the building after completion and make a report stating if the building is approved
- A BS in Engineering, preferably a Structural or a Civil Engineering degree
- A Professional Engineer (P.E.) License is required