To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
525 West Monroe Street
Downtown Chicago - West Loop, IL 60661
- Nannette Pachol
- Phone: 32-577-8161
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP • Downtown Chicago - West Loop, IL
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Litigation Paralegal will be responsible for providing paralegal support and assistance to supervising attorneys and paralegals in all aspects of litigation. Other duties to include but not limited to:
Organize and maintain documentation to large case management matters.
Advise attorneys of status dates and changes.
Monitor databases and coordinate staffing.
Coordinate document retrieval under the supervision of the supervising attorneys.
Maintain familiarity with key witness files.
Assist in the preparation of documents for trial; possibly attending trial.
Determine and maintain database needs for large case management.
Perform electronic filings, summarize abstracts and prepare draft pleadings.
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years related experience preferably in a law firm environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Legal research knowledge and ability to use law library are required.
- Computer proficient with experience and working knowledge of Westlaw and other litigation-related databases, Internet research, due diligence, Excel, Outlook, and Word preferred.
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of Concordance databases, including but not limited to, running and monitoring complex electronic document productions.
- Substantive discovery and trial experience with state and federal courts.
- Applicable knowledge of methods of legal research, court rules and procedures, litigation terminology and documentation, docketing procedures, and bates numbering preferred. Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Dependable team player with interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate, follow written and/or verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts in person, by e-mail and telephone with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited paralegal program a plus. Working knowledge of Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) procedures is preferred. Insurance defense background helpful.
- Complex litigation experience desirable.
- Occasional travel to other Firm locations may be required on short notice.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran.