Bethany on 42nd:
DSA - Part time (21 hours/2 weeks) 4:00pm-8:00pm
DSA - Part time (24 hours/2 weeks) 4:00pm-8:00pm
Bethany on University:
DSA - Part time (24.5 hours/2 weeks) 4:00pm-8:00pm
DSA - Part time (18 hours/2 weeks) 4:00pm-8:00pm
The Dining Services Assistant is responsible for serving resident meals, set up and cleaning in the dining rooms and serving kitchens in each household following time frames set up by the Dining Services department in accordance with company philosophy, objectives, procedures and standards.
- Maintain food and supply inventories in household serving kitchens according to the inventory guide.
- Set tables for meals in the household dining rooms.
- Transport prepared foods from the main kitchen and set up steamtables for meal service.
- Assist residents at all meals with serving food, passing salads and beverages as needed.
- Clear tables, wash soiled dishes, sweep and mop dining rooms and serving kitchens in each household after meals.
- Wash, transfer and properly store serving utensils, dishes, flatware and glassware after each meal.
- Maintain service areas to meet sanitation and safety standards.
- Transport soiled pans to main kitchen after meal service.
- Maintain household serving kitchens to meet sanitation and safety standards.
- Inform Director of Dining Services of needed equipment and supplies.
- Inform Director of Dining Services, Dining Services Supervisor, Charge Nurse or Towers Resident Assistant of changes or concerns in individual resident conditions.
Preferably 1 year experience in long term care food service with knowledge of modified and therapeutic diets.
The Dining Services Assistant must have the ability to:
Follow verbal and written instructions
Empathize and deal with residents who are sometimes confused in a positive manner
Relate positively with co-workers
Stand and work for extended period of time
Perform proper body mechanics to transport (push and pull) full carts to dining areas, carry trays of food and dishes
Work under time pressures to meet deadlines
Work in an environment of fluctuating temperatures
Bending, stooping, twisting motion. Push and pull 15-20 pounds. Lift up to 30 pounds. Must be able to read, write and speak in an understandable manner.