To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cornelia, GA 30531
- Monika Gupta
- Phone: (732) 947-3446
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Scientist I / Pharma-Medical Device Lab Environment
Pioneer Data Systems Inc • Cornelia, GA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Job Title: Scientist I / Pharma-Medical Device Lab Environment
- Duration: 10 months contract, extendable up to 24 months
- Location: Cornelia, GA
- Client has the right-to-hire you as a permanent employee at any time during or after the end of contract.
- You may participate in the company group medical insurance plan which includes medical and vision care
- The Scientist Level 1 will report directly to the Laboratory Supervisor/Manager and after training will perform routine testing in compliance with laboratory test methods and procedures to support the manufacturing and timely delivery of product to customers (80 to 100%).
- As a trainee, the Scientist 1 must have the ability to assimilate and apply information rapidly. The Scientist I will receive general instructions about required tasks and results expected.
- Work will be well defined and is reviewed for accuracy upon completion.
- The Scientist 1 is expected to apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations and to recognize discrepancies in results and follow operations through a series of detailed steps and processes.
- Additionally, the Scientist Level 1 has accountability and ownership to maintain laboratory instruments in their qualified state.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Performing with competence, upon training, routine testing following laboratory test methods and procedures.
- Developing a competence, upon training, in the use of laboratory instruments and equipment
- Performing daily calibrations/verifications and routine maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and equipment according to current SOPs.
- Working in compliance with current GMPs with regard to documenting, testing and maintaining accurate laboratory notebooks and data sheets.
- Initiation and participation in laboratory investigations of non-conforming laboratory test results.
- Collecting and preparing laboratory records for evaluation following good documentation practices.
- Ensuring personal compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by management.
- Work in team environment behaving in a CREDO based respectful manner
- Comply with all federally regulated programs.
- Adhere to Client environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
- Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, etc) where applicable.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE’s), if applicable
- Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
- Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
- Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently meet required Training due date targets.
Education, Experience, Training & Skills:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree is required
- 1 to 2 years’ experience
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Quality Systems
- Will provide no supervision to others
Physical Abilities / Work Requirements:
- Lifting/Carrying - Light (0-15 lbs). Ground to Waist.
- Work Requirements - Standing (20%). Scheduled work hours. Sitting (70%). Walking (10%).
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) - Safety Glasses. Safety Gloves.
- Repetitive Hand Motions - Simple Grasp. Computer Entry.
- Senses - Talking. Hearing. Hand & Eye Coordination.
- Occupational Hazards - Machine Operation. Chemicals/Fumes. X-ray machine.
- Mental Requirements - Ability to work in stressful/fast paced environment. Ability to work and interact with co-workers to accomplish company goals in a team environment. Analytical/Problem Solving Skills. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to learn.
Regulatory / Product Compliance:
- Vision Screening - Far Point Acuity (Microscope). Near Point Acuity (Look at samples). Color Perception (Color Distinction – Blacks, Blues, Greens, Violets, Naturals).
Safety Tests / Medical Survielance Requirements:
- Chemical and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API)
- Ergonomics Risk: Low
- Reproductive Health Concern Level: No concerns