To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4240 Campus Drive
Lima, OH 45804
- Office for Human Resources
- Phone: 419-995-8445
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Rhodes State College • Lima, OH
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position reports to the Vice-President for Finance & Business.
Annually renewable 12 month appointment.
Under general supervision from the Vice-President for Finance & Business, the Administrative Assistant provides assistance with the administrative duties of the office of the vice president, including aiding in basic financial data entry and the running/preparing of reports. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain appointment calendars using judgment and discretion in coordinating external and internal activities and commitments. Prepare and coordinate meeting agendas, meeting notes, and make arrangements for meetings;
- Assist with budgetary procedures such as preparing purchase requisitions, processing invoices and monthly tracking;
- Assist in preparation of agendas and meeting notes for departments under the vice president (Finance/Accounting, Facilities, Security, IS, Central Duplication), shared governance and other committees;
- Assist with internal and external events and special projects including hosting and working with caterers as needed;
- Make travel arrangements as requested. Process forms, reservations, payments, and prepare expense reimbursements;
- Manage office operations and routine administrative duties. Perform clerical duties such as: answer phones; research, gather and summarize data and information; maintain databases; originate and design filing systems; record keeping; photocopying; order supplies; sort mail; proof read and correct correspondence. Oversee maintenance of office photocopier. Possess knowledge of various academic programs and campus procedures to be able to respond to on and off campus telephone communications and /or building visitors;
- Use Banner ERP to access enrollment information, student records and transcripts, as needed;
- Use Banner ERP, and potentially other software, to run basic financial reports, to provide support with miscellaneous searches, and to provide data entry in the system, as needed;
- Draft business letters, memos, and prepare presentations as directed;
- Assist in drafting and proofing procurement proposals, solicitations, and advertisements. Assist in drafting and proofing Contracts;
- Assist with administrative work on external college related committees which arise due to relationships with state, federal, local or professional agencies or organizations;
- Assist with work for the office of the President of the College in preparation for Board of Trustees meetings or requests, including preparation of reports and PowerPoint presentations for the Board of Trustees;
- Assist with the tracking and monitoring of Facilities Work Order Requests, starting with approval of requests through completion of work;
- Assist in maintaining the various committee meeting minutes/notes on ESIEPS for the departments: Finance, Business Office, IS, Security, Central Duplications, and Facilities;
- Maintain policy and procedure manuals and other manuals as directed;
- Exercise sound judgment when interfacing with staff, faculty, and students, media, vendors, and general public inquiries;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MAJOR WORK QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate Degree in Office Administration or its equivalent in education is required. Bachelors preferred. Minimum of five years of professional experience is preferred. Experience in higher education preferred. Must have high ethical standards, the desire to continue developing professionally, ability to maintain confidential information, exceptional oral and written communication skills, impeccable manners and phone skills, and the ability to dress in a manner appropriate to this position. Also must have exceptional abilities to prioritize work within the guidelines established; must be a contributor, a multi-tasker, and capable of working independently, have good analytical skills and capable of making independent decisions. Quality work is a must as is the ability to meet project deadlines. Computer and keyboarding skills are required; must be proficient in email, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing. Must be able to work occasionally outside of regular 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. work day. An appreciation for and understanding of a two-year college mission is expected.
Commensurate with academic preparation and experience, plus full benefits package
Submit materials electronically to the Office for Human Resources, Rhodes State College. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must include a letter of interest outlining background and qualifications, all unofficial transcripts, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least five (5) professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Applicants who are invited to the interview process will be required to complete and submit a College employment application.
Rhodes State College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and employees with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Rhodes State College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
The Director of Human Resources, located in Room 223 of the Public Service Building, telephone 419-995-8302, coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.