To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9000 West 192nd Street
Mokena, IL 60448
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
National DCP • Mokena, IL
Posted 8 days ago
The Transportation Manager will ensure safe, legal, and on-time delivery of freight to member stores throughout assigned territory. The Transportation Manager has full responsibility for the direction and oversight of all transportation-related functions at his / her assigned territory and associated transportation hubs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for direction and coordination of route drivers to ensure maximum performance
relative to product delivery, service and good customer relations
• Responsible to ensure customer complaints are investigated and resolved related to in-store service and delivery
• Ensures full compliance with all company quality assurance standards
• Develops annual cost savings initiatives that are aligned with company strategic plan
• Manage the department’s annual operating budget and assist in cost analysis
• Effectively schedules, supervises and directs transportation personnel
• Creates a team orientated environment by developing employees, conducting performance appraisals and communicating updates to process, procedures and policies
• Ensures that personnel understand and implement safety and regulatory policies and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned
- BS/BA preferred
- 5-7 years of multi-state transportation management experience in the food distribution industry
- Demonstrated mastery of the Federal Motor Carrier Rules and Regulations
- Knowledgeable of related OSHA standards and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- SAP experience preferred.
- On Board Computer System Experience required, People Net preferred
- Prior experience with routing software, Appian preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and decision making capabilities required
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills required
- Willing and able to work flexible / extended work schedules, as needed