To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dearborn, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Data Modeler/ DW/BI (Insurance or Financial Services Industry)
Fast Switch, Ltd. • Dearborn, MI
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
- Designs logical data models and leads and serves on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments.
- Serves as a lead/project team member on various projects and may coach one or more technical staff members.
- Analyzes and develops complex logical database designs, logical data models and relational data definitions to support corporate and customer information system requirements.
- Designs, develops and validates data integration and provides oversight to the development and improvement of the technology framework.
- Identifies and resolves data/information integrated related issues in a production environment and translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools.
- Responsible for database administrative functions including loading data from external sources, reviewing queries for performance issues, identifying opportunities to reduce data redundancy and reviewing and validating data input for accuracy.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Emerging and relevant Regulatory issues (e.g., consumer privacy laws, and specific industry guidelines such as HIPPA, PCI) to develop checks and controls of information assets.
- Insurance environment or other finance / service industry.
Significant experience in/with:
- Data requirement analysis and mapping
- Experience with data governance policies and procedures and Master Data Management (MDM)
- Analyzing and deploying data using Google Data Services
- Analyzing and deploying data within Big Data/Hadoop technologies, e.g. SPARK, Scala, HBase, Phoenix, Sqoop, Nifi and Zeppelin
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the business.
- Strong understanding of relational database design concepts and Structured Query Languages.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
- Typically has 3 to 5 years of IT work experience in information management tools and systems - including Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Analyzing and developing complex logical database designs, logical data models and relational data definitions in support of corporate and customer information systems requirements
- Design, development and validation of data integration (ETL) including Informatica PowerCenter or equivalent tools
- Overseeing the development and improvement (including the design, development, testing and implementation) of the technology framework that supports the data integration strategy
- Translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools
- Performing database administration functions including loading data into database from external sources
- Supports users in constructing queries and generating output files
- On-going design and performance enhancements, including: reviewing queries for performance issues, estimating, monitoring and tuning
- Developing methodologies and technologies that reflect the flow of data within and between technology systems and business functions/operations
- Identifies opportunities to reduce data redundancy/trends in data uses and single sources of data
- Modeling (Conceptual, Logical and Physical in both 3NF and Kimball forms) of data sources and flows
- Assisting in defining operational frameworks, developing and implementing information management policies and security frameworks
- Reviewing and validating the accuracy of the data loaded into the data warehouse
Significant experience in:
- Database management systems (IMS, DB2, Oracle, SQL), relational database concepts and complex mart or warehouse design and modeling (Relational and Dimensional)
- Data integration (ETL) using Informatica, Data Modeling (3NF and Kimball) and Data Quality tools
- Prototyping and database design and administration
- Multi-platform capabilities
- HTML and Web developments tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to include procedures and technical material, report/proposal preparation and oral presentation. (A writing and/or presentation sample may be required at time of interview).
Fast Switch, Ltd. celebrated 20 years in 2016. We are an IT Consulting company with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. We’re doing business in almost half the states in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused. You are our most important asset!
We've differentiated ourselves by being creative, flexible, and fast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
• Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press. We have won the Columbus Business First “Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp