To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The General Manager will drive the execution oversight and management for the project-based learning services, client services, and operations. The General Manager will also lead business development and be accountable for value delivery to Milwaukee clients.
OVERALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Launch the start-up of Milwaukee social enterprise
- Implement the start-up business plan
- Develop and establish business unit’s 3-year strategic roadmap and growth strategy
- Brand strategy design and implementation
- Build standard operating plan
- Establish business unit operating procedures
- Oversee key hiring and staff management
- Align business unit objectives, goals, and targets with social enterprise objectives
- Financial Responsibilities
- Secure clients through revenue generating services and/or products
- Profit & Loss management
- Develop and manage operating budget
- Manage ongoing budget with associated business premises, including service revenue, objectives and associated expenses.
- Responsible for vendor and contract management relationships
- Manage operations for newly integrated social enterprise (SE) business unit
- Establish and manage community-based partnerships and relationships
- Deliver value to talent, corporate partners, and clients
- Implement program and revenue growth strategies
- Develop and manage metrics/goal attainment tracking and production management system
- Protect and nurture the social enterprise’s culture locally with all key stakeholders-clients, employees, participants, and community members
- Create an environment conducive to maximize joy, impact, and success
- Build and inspire a team to realize quarterly and yearly objectives
- Experience starting and/or managing a new business or service line from concept to sustainable results (Desired: experience in the social entrepreneur start-up industry)
- Experience operating a revenue producing entity, department, or division
- Vendor management and contract negotiation experience
- Leadership development experience
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and developing teams
- Social innovation and/or Non-profit board governance experience (e.g. community based volunteer board experience, managing governance boards, philanthropy)
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree in business or related industry; Masters Prefered
- Proficient experience in project and financial management.
- 5+ years of executive/leadership experience
- Strong business acumen with ability to execute on established targets.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Intrinsically motivated and directed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with technology product, solution, or applications development
- Working with target client(s) populations
- High level of comfort with building and executing projects
- Adept in strategic thinking and problem solving
- Great sense of humor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note that this position will require significant travel regionaly during the start-up phase.