To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA
- Kamie Van Otterloo
- Phone: 515-256-3982
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
TMC Transportation - TN/Career Site • Des Moines, IA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
An exciting opportunity now exists to join TMC Transportation! We are searching for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and driven Recruiter to join our Human Resources team in Des Moines, IA.
Reputable Flatbed Trucking Company
Medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits
401(k) – with employer match!
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Vacation and holiday pay
What you will do:
- Develop and execute recruiting plans
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings, and conduct regular follow up to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Recruit, screen, test, interview, select, and conduct reference/background checks of qualified candidates to fill vacant positions.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need and maintain regular contact with.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Post openings on internet, with professional organizations, and other position appropriate venues.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives, attend career fairs, and develop working relationships within colleges to assist in recruiting needs.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages, and conducting new employee orientation training.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
What you will need:
- 1-3 years in a human resources recruiter position.
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn all aspects of recruiting and hiring.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work quickly and skillfully in a team-driven environment, as well as on independent assignments.
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to move multiple tasks forward under tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities, analyze available information to aid decision making, and move seamlessly between prioritized tasks and functions.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.