To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Plaines, IL
- Anshika Pandey
- Phone: 650-276-7742
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Pyramid Consulting, Inc • Des Plaines, IL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Immediate need for a talented Transportation Coordinator with experience in the Logistics Industry.
This is a Long term month contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Des Plaines, IL .Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Job ID: 17-23176
Client is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. Client achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, Client delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today's environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, Client helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything! We currently have an opportunity for an Transportation Coordinator at our Transportation Management Center located in Des Plaines, Illinois. The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the transportation process for various customer product from pick-up to delivery, ensuring accuracy of load information, and partnering with both internal and external resources to troubleshoot issues and ensure resolution in a timely manner. This position supports both carriers and customers on a daily basis to ensure operational excellence. Responsibilities of the Transportation Coordinator include:
- Ensure operational activity is executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the daily shipping plan is created and distributed to multiple origin points nationally.
- Act as a liaison for the day to day tactical execution between logistics centers, carriers, customers and Transportation Center.
- Communicate effectively with multiple operational levels to ensure timely pick-up/delivery appointments and resolve service issues
- Work with the Administrative groups and the Carrier Relationships group to provide timely and accurate feedback regarding carriers' performance and other issues that may arise
- Assist in the identification and execution of process improvement initiatives
- Resolve operational issues
Candidates selected to interview must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration for this position:
- Bachelor's degree with specialization in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a transportation or customer facing role.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team. TEAM concept and TEAMWORK are essential functions performed daily
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and disciplined problem solving skills
- Demonstrated competency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience in MercuryGate TMS a plus
- Ability to generate new ideas and identify process improvements
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other items to be assigned periodically
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
Our client is a leading Logistics organization and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.