To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL metro, AL
- Senior HR Coordinator
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (HR) Manager
EWTN Global Catholic Network • Birmingham, AL metro, AL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you a Human Resources professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose? Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission? If you have a broad HR background and enjoy building partnerships and working in a team environment where you can truly make a difference, we want to talk to you!
The Human Resources Manager will partner with the Vice President of Human Resources to administer all human resources programs including recruiting and staffing, employee relations, performance management and development, employee engagement, compensation, policies and procedures, training, and other initiatives to foster a positive work environment reflecting EWTN values.
- Contributes toward the development of a culture that focuses on employee engagement, high performance, continuous improvement and zeal for EWTN’s mission.
- Demonstrates and models EWTN’s values by displaying the highest degree of integrity and instilling trust.
- Provides policy guidance and interpretation.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, review job descriptions and outline success profiles. Interviews and screens applicants and provides guidance to managers on interviewing, selection and hiring practices.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides performance management guidance to line management (e.g. coaching, disciplinary actions, career development) and facilitates the review process.
- Provides input and assistance on salary administration and compensation.
- Analyzes trends and metrics and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Supports and assists in implementing organizational change initiatives aligned with the Network’s mission.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements regarding employment practices to ensure compliance and reduce risk. Responsible for EEO-1, ACA (PCORI, 1095), and OSHA reports.
- Assists in identifying and implementing training needs.
- Reviews and recommends process improvements to ensure effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Human Resources experience at the Generalist/Manager level with proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be well versed in employment laws and regulations and maintain current knowledge of all changes and trends.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Recruiting and staffing experience to include developing recruiting strategies, advising managers, familiarity with social media tools, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), with strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Knowledge of and experience using HRIS systems (ADP/UltiPro preferred) and capable of producing/customizing reports.
- Ability to travel (approximately 10 - 15%).
- Practicing Catholic with commitment to the mission of Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree in HR, Psychology, Business, or related field required.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, retirement savings plan with employer match, paid time off, and paid holidays) with health benefits beginning on the first day! Come work at our beautiful wooded campus just south of Birmingham. EOE
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.