Experienced Auto Body Technician / Automobile Body Technician / Body Tech
Awesome Benefits Package!!!!
Now offering $2,000.00 signing bonus for qualified technicians.
Kelly Chrysler Dodge Jeep is looking for an Auto Body Technician to join their team.
The Automobile Body Technician repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
Chrysler dealer service centers departments are clean, safe and state-of-the-art. The jobs are challenging and extensive training is available to those who are career focused.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Examine damaged vehicles and estimate repair costs.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Fill depressions with body filler.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces.
- Refinish repaired surface.
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts
Two years of experience as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice.
Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.
Valid driver's license.
Ability to interpret vendor catalogs.
This is a physically demanding position.
- Will stand six to eight hours per shift.
- Will lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, paint, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
Please apply online by clicking on the orange APPLY NOW button below.