To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pascagoula, MS
- NSC Mobile
- Phone: 251-338-0725
- Phone:: 251-338-0726
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NSC Technologies • Pascagoula, MS
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Pass approved A-Class Fitter Test
- Must demonstrate an acceptable proficiency and competency to Company Supervision for an A-Class Fitters position.
- Must demonstrate ability to interpret and work from construction drawings, job specifications, instruction manuals, manufacturer’s handbooks, change order, and contract specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, work processes and techniques used in measuring, and fitting of aluminum components, modules and vessels.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and measure using the metric system.
- Knowledge of shipyard terminology such as general ship structure and vessel layout.
- Knowledge of edge preparation and weld joint details.
- Advanced working knowledge of engineering drawings and sketches.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
1. Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel.
2. Perform prolonged standing.
3. Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical axis.
4. Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis.
5. Lift/push/pull 50lbs to 75lbs on an occasional basis.
6. Lift/push/pull up to 20lbs on a frequent basis.
7. Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders, and ramps).
8. Ability to work at heights above 12’ while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or man lifts.
9. Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. waist, eye, overhead).
10. Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment.
11. Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
12. Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
13. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toes shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards.
14. Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures.
15. Ability to enter 18" x 36" openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time.
16. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands.
17. Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
18. Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down.
19. Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by means of receptors in the hands and fingers.