NEW HIRE BONUS
for Direct Support Professionals
$100/month for up to 2 years
*Full-time (30+ hours/week)
$50/month for up to 2 years
*Part-time (15-29 hours/week)
ARC of Rockland is a recognized leader in the Human Services field, serving Rockland County NY, providing a variety of services to people with developmental disabilities and their families. Our programs are staffed by dedicated and caring individuals including licensed professionals and skilled, motivated direct care and support staff from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Our mission is to ensure the people we support are provided dignity, a sense of pride in their abilities, a sense of accomplishment and the respect of society.
Community Specialist II
The Abilities Beyond Autism Program meets the growing demand for transitional programs for young adults with Autism. This program utilizes the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to enhance the skill development of young adults with Autism, ages 21+. Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA’s) provide on-going supervision, oversight and support to the program. A functional skills assessment and curriculum is utilized to create individualized program plans for each individual to increase communication skills, community integration, activities of daily living, independent living skills and leisure skills. Intensive staff training is provided to staff members in the form of the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training.
- Work closely with BCBA and supervisors to create and implement behavior intervention plans
Provide direct ABA instruction, on-site and in the community, consistent with best practice in ABA therapy.
Manage and address challenging behavior as it occurs
Assists with planning and execution of group activities in the classroom and in the community
Create individual schedules and conduct classroom in an efficient manner
Collect, graph and analyze data daily to monitor progress of individuals
Maintain program books for each individual
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of work experience with persons with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments and delegate responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with coworkers, employees, consumers, and families
- Valid driver’s license for 3 years and meet Agency’s driving standards
- Must attend and pass Medication Administration Certification Course
- Must attend and pass First Aid Certification Course
ARC of Rockland offers competitive salaries and a benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, tuition assistance, generous time off policy, TDA and an agency funded pension plan. We offer on-going training, supervision and opportunities to advance in an atmosphere where our employees are valued.
Please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com or fax (845) 267-2364.
The Arc Rockland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on The Arc Rockland, please visit our website at www.rocklandarc.org.