To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6075 Judd Road
Oriskany, NY 13424
- Lauren Borzillo
- Phone: 2155425800
- Phone:: 2153927341
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse, RN
Correctional Medical Care, Inc • Oriskany, NY
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CBH Medical is directly hiring Registered Nurses (RN) to work at the Oneida County Jail.
- The open Registered Nurse positions are Part-Time.
- Full time positions offer full medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits as well as 401K!
- We offer competitive wages for a Registered Nurse!
- We also offer paid time off and holiday pay!
- Correctional environments are less strenuous than typical day-to-day nursing requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assess physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients within the correctional facility.
a. Apply knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using available resources in obtaining a health history and in the assessment process.
b. Provide a written assessment of patient upon admission, during confinement and on discharge, as requested.
c. Summarize assessment data and make a triage decision that is documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
2. Plan an individual treatment program.
a. Utilize available treatment protocols as approved by the Medical Director.
b. Utilize referral process to appropriate providers as necessary within Medical Department.
c. Apply knowledge and utilize available resources in planning care and patient teaching.
d. Consult as necessary with nurses, physicians, correctional officers, etc.
3. Implement individual treatment program in the health care unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
a. Implement clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
i. Intervenes with proper technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet the individual needs of the patients.
b. Implement mental health plan through the administering of medications in accordance with the physician’s order, using proper techniques and procedures, including IV therapy and all other approved routes of administration.
i. Utilize pharmacology knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in administering medications.
c. Implement mental health plan through obtaining diagnostic tests in accordance with physician’s orders. Communicates information to ancillary departments using established referral process.
d. Implement nutrition and therapeutic diet plan as ordered by physician.
i. Utilize knowledge and available resources for nutrition and therapeutic diets as established by the facility.
e. Document nursing encounters utilizing the SOAP form of charting as required.
f. Communicate information to other nursing staff, physicians, medical unit supervisory personnel, correctional officers and department heads.
4. Provide leadership to nursing staff
a. Identify existing and potential problems and take effective action.
b. Develop and maintain an awareness of needed improvements in patient care, procedures, equipment and supplies and make recommendations to supervisors
c. Assist in presentation of in-service education, as requested.
d. Approach change in a positive manner; motivate staff to work as a team; accept constructive criticism and learn from it.
5. Professional Growth and Development
a. Demonstrate knowledge and perform CMC nursing policies and procedures.
b. Accept staffing assignments and perform other related duties as required or assigned by Director of Nursing.
c. Perform within the normal limits of state practice act, Code of Ethics for Nurses policies and procedures, facility policies and procedures and standards.
d. Promote quality assurance standards by participating in the quality of care chart reviews.
6. Employee/Patient Health and Safety
Encourages, participates, and supports safety program components including development, education, training, and communications regarding mandatory OSHA trainings and employee health and safety programs.
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program. Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in the state of New York.
- Holds current CPR certification.
- Two years clinical experience.