Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients
• Tend or operate and control equipment
• Record production and test data, such as processing steps, temperature and steam readings, cooking time, batches processed, and test results
• Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary
• Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps
• Turn valves or start pumps to add ingredients or drain products from equipment and to transfer products for storage, cooling, or further processing
• Clean, wash, and sanitize equipment and cooking area, using water hoses, cleaning or sanitize solutions, or rinses
• URL blocked - click to apply
cooked material or products from equipment
• Collect and examine product URL blocked - click to apply
during production to test them for quality, color, content, consistency, viscosity
• Input data on production details
• monitor product flow
• Operate auxiliary machines and equipment
• Stacks filled trays and transfers them to drying area
• Positions trays under machine to receive molded candy
• Feeds candy filled starch molding trays into feed rack of machine that empties trays, removes starch from candy and deposits candy on trays or conveyor for packing and shipment
• Operate process within specified processing parameters designed to meet customer specifications
• Comply with GMP and HAACP regulations
• Operate within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results
• Operate at desired production rates
• Interact with Maintenance personnel to monitor and improve performance of equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• High URL blocked - click to apply
education or equivalent is required
• Must be able to inspect and recognize good quality products
• Packs Product, makes cases
• Must be able to operate URL blocked - click to apply
• Must have the ability to follow URL blocked - click to apply
• Must have the ability to keep records
• Two to three years and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• URL blocked - click to apply
and computer skills are preferred
• Willing to be trained
• Ability to read, speak, and write English is essential, fluent in Spanish and/or English are preferred
We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!
Promotion In Motion/PIM Brands is one of the fastest-growing snack and candy manufacturers and marketers in North America, and was ranked for the second consecutive year, one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and Information Resources, Inc. (IRI).
Our brands include Welch’s® Fruit Snacks, Sun-Maid® Milk Chocolate Raisins, Sour Jacks® Sour Candies, Fisher® Milk Chocolate Peanuts, Toggi® Fine European Chocolate Wafers, Tuxedos® Chocolate Almond and many more. These beloved brands are found across North America in outlets including Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, Kroger and thousands of other grocery stores, movie theaters, convenience stores, vending machines and specialty retailers.
Product Flow Diagram