To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Multiple southwest and western suburbs IL, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional
Individual Advocacy Group • Multiple southwest and western suburbs IL, IL
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The mission of IAG is to help children and adults with disabilities and their families live normal lives in the community with the support of specialized services. The value propounded by IAG include those of dignity, respect, participation, advocacy and including appropriate care by the appropriate providers.
“A group that advocates for people with special needs."
Individual Advocacy Group (IAG) was started in 1995. IAG provides training services, therapies and residential support programs for children and adults who have Intellectual disabilities, mental illness, behavioral disorders or who have sustained brain injury. IAG provides services to 21 different counties throughout Illinois
We have needs in Southwestern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, and Far Western Suburbs as well as Springfield and Quad Cities.
- Achieve a homelike, community integrated living environment based on values of individual self-worth, dignity, equality and respect for maximum participation in routine everyday activities, and experiences
- Overcome challenges by providing functional skills training, social/interpersonal experiences, therapies, health services, community support activities and opportunities for community inclusion to developmentally disabled adults who reside in a community residential setting
- Comply with the Department of Human Services licensing rules and applicable federal regulations to assure maximum normalized living, independence and self-reliance over the individual's lifespan.
- Train/coach/assist with basic daily living skills, social skills, budgeting, meal preparation/feeding, house cleaning, communication and mobility.
- Also includes implementing treatment plan goals, interpersonal skills and activity implementation.
- Ability to write progress reports
- Work various shifts as we are open 24/7 365 days a year.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Willing to work Evenings, Weekends and Overnights
- Must have a valid High School Diploma
- Prefer Human Service field degree or experience working with DD population is preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and current insurance
- Prefer at least 1 year experience working with the developmental disabilities population.
- Pass pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Must have current medical clearance.
- Team player and great can-do attitude
- Flexibility and ability to work all shifts
- Ability to pass reading assessment test
- May be required to lift/move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
IAG provides up to 120 hours of paid training as well as benefits for full time employment after 90 days of employment. Please visit our website for more information about Individual Advocacy Group. http://www.individualadvocacygroup.com/
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements - no phone calls please.
IAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.