To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Livermore, CA
- Michelle Abel, CPC
- Phone: 404-850-1503
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP, Human Resources
Corporate and Technical Recruiters • Livermore, CA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting to the Regional Vice President this role will be responsible for providing human resource leadership guidance and coordination to the employee population of the California Region. This position resides in our California Regional Office and is responsible for aligning HR services & operations with business needs. This role is accountable for all human resource related activities and outcomes for the California Region and is expected to influence the region business agenda to improve operational and strategic results in the capacity of leadership development, employee engagement, Talent acquisition/development and movement. The position is indirectly responsible for approximately 4,500 employees. The incumbent will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best people talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the Media/Technology industry.
- Guides and coordinates daily HR operations for the California Region employee population
- Provides perspectives and input to region and division wide policies and programs that are in development through participation in task forces special projects and committees
- Provides consultative services to senior business team on organizational performance compensation and other HR related activities
- Provides key HR data to senior team that impacts the business
- Supervises direct reports. Develops staffing plans; recruits and hires to staff the organization.
- Establishes individual performance goals and reviews performance against goals. Provides counseling. Plans approves and implements programs for the timely development and progression of the individuals. Handles discipline and documentation steps as appropriate
- Leads and supports organizational change by seeking and development ways for the organization to be more effective
- Responsible for ensuring staffing targets are met for all Region departments
- Responsible for ensuring employee engagement initiatives are in place for all Region Departments
- Responsible for ensuring effective training & development plans are in place for all Region Departments
- Responsible for ensuring compensation programs are administered effectively across the Region
- Ability to function as an internal coach to management peers and others by helping them identify and resolve issues encouraging excellent management practices anticipating internal organization issues proposing solutions and understanding/representing the employee perspective.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to lead by example in terms of creating an exciting environment for employees and the company to ensure collective success
- Ability to serve as a strategic business partner and advisor to senior executives with a solid track record of achievement in the human resources management function
- Demonstrated ability in leveraging key performance indicators to drive organizational success
- Demonstrated Strategic Planning acumen
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing human resource activities across multiple facilities and across a wide geography
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing and leveraging HR metrics to guide HR effectiveness
- Demonstrated project management and implementation skills
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Exceptional verbal written and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- 10-15 years progressive experience in Human Resources management including experience managing senior HR professionals (Director and above).
- Experience in labor relations (i.e. labor campaigns/elections collective bargaining grievance arbitrations)
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Cable/Telecom industry knowledge highly preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Bachelors Degree required. JD or Masters Degree or PHR or SPHR designation preferred.