To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
- Phone: 585-360-2743
- Phone:: 585-486-1876
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Optics Manufacturing Supervisor
Innovative Recruiting Solutions • Rochester, NY
Posted 16 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a working Supervisor position that will fabricate, inspect and assemble optics as well as oversee a group of approximately 10 optics associates.
We seek an Optics Manufacturing Supervisor to support optics manufacturing to include fabrication, assembly and testing of optics and components.
Optics Manufacturing Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Will supervise optics manufacturing people, total of 10 in optical fabrication, coating of optics, inspection of optics and assembly and test of optical, opto-mechanical, and opto-electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Optics Manufacturing Supervisor will assign the projects and ensure all are following policies, procedures and work instructions are followed.
- Must be able to read assembly work instructions and follow good mfg. practices. Support all people with technical questions and policy questions, and ensure everyone is following company protocols.
- Interview, hire, perform performance reviews, counsel, track payroll, and time off.
- Address attendance issues, etc.
- Manage materials for groups, and manage tools, fixtures, and test equipment and report all requirements for maintenance and new materials when needed.
- Perform optics manufacturing production as a fabricator or optics for proximately 20 hours each week, or as directed by Manager, Optics Manufacturing.
- Must have to supervised a group of people in the past.
Optics Manufacturing Supervisor Requirements will include:
- Associates degree in Optical Technology, Photonics, Electro-Optics, or similar discipline, or Associates degree in a technology specialty such as machine tools or electronics, or a certificate in one of the above plus 1 year of experience in optical inspection or assembly, or High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years’ experience in optical inspection or assembly.
- Required experience is a minimum of one year as team leader or supervisor in a work environment.
- Must have strong personal communication skills including written and verbal communication, ability to guide and set priorities, and ability to organize and track work in progress, write reports etc. .
- Must have 1 to 2 years minimum of working with optics and handling of coated optics, with good math skills, with metric experience.
- Must have good use of tools for assembly such as small hand tools, wrenches, spanner wrenches, torque wrenches, screwdrivers and calipers, micrometers, scales, dial indicators, gage blocks.
- Must have good analytical skills, problem solving and ability to resolve any issues with manufacturing, inspection or testing, to include personnel issues as well.
- Physical requirements include ability to work stand up to 8 hours per work day with physical strength to lift up to 35 lbs. without assistance.
Good pay and excellent benefits offered at this exceptional company.
See Above for full requirements
We offer best in class placement services, resume review and optimization, confidential employment and career evaluation, all in strict confidence.