To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machinery Design Engineer II
Confidential • Akron, OH
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Utilize design tools (i.e., AutoCad and Solidworks) with a strong focus in machine design products
- Proven ability to maintain compliance in machine design engineering principles and procedures
- Able to utilize the most current design techniques and tools while ensuring the designs are compliant with all product specifications, and safety requirements.
- Basic knowledge of electrical controls
- Able to gain strong working knowledge of industrial machinery related business practices, timeframe regulations and any consequences that could impose liability issues.
- Willing and capable to work in a team environment to accomplish clear goals and objectives that support the overall department strategic plan. This employee also supports the corporate mission, vision, and core values – specific to the department contributions. Works well with inter‐department groups such as manufacturing, QA, sales, assembly, machining, fabrication and inspection.
- Foster team spirit and impart a sense of teamwork to all employees throughout regularly scheduled communication meetings and round table discussions.
- Hands on working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience
This Mechanical Design Engineer position is an opening within our Mechanical Engineering Team. The candidate will be primarily involved with engineering tasks for the development and sustainment of Company’s products.
- Bachelors Level Engineering Degree from accredited university and three years of relevant experience and proven performer or minimum of 10 years of job‐related work experience and proven performer.
- Must be proficient in Solid Works, AutoCad, projects budgeting and engineering calculations.
- Must have good communication skills and be capable of clear understanding of customer requests, issues, specifications, and requests to changes to equipment.
- Must have thorough understanding of OSHA regulations, ensure all designs are compliant with all safety requirements and have thorough understanding of machine shop, fabrication and Quality Control in developing leading edge designs for cost effective manufacturing and excellent machine performance.
- Ability to travel internationally (15%)