Icon hamburger
US
What job do you want?
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply Now
Thumsup

You’re being taken to an external site to apply.

Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
I2w0r45yq2d1764hhzk

Accounting Supervisor

Creative Financial Staffing Gurnee, IL Full-Time
$75,000.00 - $90,000.00 / year
Apply Now

Accounting Supervisor

About the Company

Our client, a well-respected international manufacturing company is seeking an Accounting Supervisor. This organization is a leader in their industry and offers incredible career growth opportunities.  Additionally, the company is employee owned and therefor employees benefit from company profits as well as an overall employee focused environment.   This newly created position offers the opportunity to make an impact in a growing company and really contribute.  


Job Responsibilities of Accounting Supervisor

As an Accounting Supervisor, you will spend about 70% of your time contributing to general accounting duties including,; month end close, financial reporting,  and regulatory filing, and the other 30% supervising the AP function.

Specific duties in this financial management role include:

  • Achieving accounting operational objectives preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing changes
  • Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
  • Consolidation, and evaluation of financial data as well as preparing special reports
  • Supervise and direct AP and  general accounting functions
  • Manage intercompany accounting and related reconciliations
  • Maintaining financial security by establishing internal controls
  • Assist in the development of financial models
  • ad-hoc projects


We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor who combines a solid background in accounting and strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. You should be detail-oriented and have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills, as well as good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.

Specific requirements for the Accounting Supervisor include:

  • B.S. in Accounting or Finance 
  • 4+yrs accounting experience (public accounting or middle to large company experience)
  •  CPA preferred
  • Accounting experience working within the manufacturing industry or with manufacturing clients. 
  • Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
  • Ability to lead, train and develop staff
  • Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
  • Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
  • Large ERP experience (SAP preferred)



Recommended skills

Accounting
Accounting Manager
General Ledger
Inventory Control
Financial Statements
Finance

Location

Salary Details

This salary was provided in the Job Posting.
$75,000-$90,000
Yearly Salary
This salary is within the average salary range of $35,360-$137,440 for this role in this location
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply Now

Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job

Report this Job

Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our Trust and Site Security Team

CAREERBUILDER TIP

For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.

By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.