About the Company
Our client, a well-respected international manufacturing company is seeking an Accounting Supervisor. This organization is a leader in their industry and offers incredible career growth opportunities. Additionally, the company is employee owned and therefor employees benefit from company profits as well as an overall employee focused environment. This newly created position offers the opportunity to make an impact in a growing company and really contribute.
Job Responsibilities of Accounting Supervisor
As an Accounting Supervisor, you will spend about 70% of your time contributing to general accounting duties including,; month end close, financial reporting, and regulatory filing, and the other 30% supervising the AP function.
Specific duties in this financial management role include:
- Achieving accounting operational objectives preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing changes
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Consolidation, and evaluation of financial data as well as preparing special reports
- Supervise and direct AP and general accounting functions
- Manage intercompany accounting and related reconciliations
- Maintaining financial security by establishing internal controls
- Assist in the development of financial models
- ad-hoc projects
We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor who combines a solid background in accounting and strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. You should be detail-oriented and have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills, as well as good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific requirements for the Accounting Supervisor include:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- 4+yrs accounting experience (public accounting or middle to large company experience)
- CPA preferred
- Accounting experience working within the manufacturing industry or with manufacturing clients.
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Ability to lead, train and develop staff
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Large ERP experience (SAP preferred)