To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Beach, CA
- Emily Marsh
- Phone: 713-965-6173
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Instrument Electrical Engineer
Cenergy International • Long Beach, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is part of the Engineering Team, working with the entire organization, to provide technical support in the field of automation, control, electrical instrumentation, PLC Programing, SCADA engineering necessary to operate assets and the business in a manner that is safe, reliable and compliant with all applicable state and federal regulations. The Automation, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for the specification, installation, testing and oversight of any necessary repairs of all types of electrical, electronic and SCADA equipment used in the pipeline operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
§ Responsible for specification, installation, testing and oversight of all types of electrical and electronic equipment; this equipment includes but is not limited to pumps, motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, sensors, switches, flow computers and programmable logic controllers
§ Develop and maintain a strategic position on reliability and improvement with automation, electrical and instrument systems
- Development and oversight of control and measurement devices, including troubleshooting of problems associated with PLC and SCADA
- Responsible for the specification, installation, programming and maintenance of PLC, flow computers, motors, electrical and communications equipment used in the operation of pipelines, terminals and SCADA systems
- Coordinate with Operations to ensure operability of design and equipment specifications.
§ Determine the relevant Environmental, Health and Safety Programs and requirements as set by local, state and federal agencies
§ Develop and implement Preventive Maintenance programs, ensure proper testing methods and frequencies are in place for critical I & E equipment
§ Develop projects based on reliability, maintenance cost and process improvements based on analysis requirements
§ Ensure integrity of engineering records associated with I & E equipment; ensure correct calibration methods are maintained and MOC practices are followed for all I & E changes
§ Analyze preventive maintenance data and adjust preventive maintenance frequency based on experience; implement industry best practices into Preventive Maintenance Procedures
§ Ensure that the processes for design and construction of new facilities and the modification and maintenance of existing facilities meet the requirements of Engineering Standards and DOT Requirements
§ Implement and sustain long term plan for electrical systems and electrical components, instrumentation and control systems, vibration monitors, control valves, and transmitters
§ Ensure projects incorporate applicable local electrical standards and regulatory requirements and the application of approved procedures in every project involving contractors
- B. S. in Engineering; Electrical Engineering Degree preferred
- Licensed or chartered professional engineer desired
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening
- Minimum of 5 years of combined technical experience in Automation, Electrical and Instrumentation and SCADA Engineering
- Oil Industry experience preferred; Pipeline Industry is desired
- Proven HSSE track record
- Strong knowledge of Pipeline Operating and Regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of DOT regulations, CFR 195 and relevant Industry standards