To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
77 Comair Boulevard
Erlanger, KY • 41018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Specialist
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport • Erlanger, KY
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The purpose of this entry level position is to document and facilitate resolution of support requests for Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) hardware and software applications.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Facilitates client support requests to repair, install, move, or change computer hardware, applications and other system requests.
- May interact with infrastructure, applications, business analysis, IT security, or PMO personnel to perform or coordinate service request.
- May simulate or recreate simple user problems to provide solutions, but refers moderate to complex problems to other personnel.
- Functions as Tier 1 support, and is able to discern and assign the correct support team for simple requests.
- May participate in an on-call rotation with other client support staff, and keeps requestor informed of progress or problem resolution.
- Facilitates management of future or concurrent problems by preparing clear and concise documentation; maintains appropriate categorization of service requests by problem type, severity, impact to customers, etc..
- Follows procedures and standards established by IT Service Desk Management.
- Facilitates management of future or concurrent problems by preparing clear and concise documentation; maintains appropriate categorization of service requests by problem type, severity, impact to customers, etc.
- Follows procedures and standards established by IT Service Desk management.
- Contributes to team effort by promoting a culture of service and excellence.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field to the area of assignment and two years related work experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Basic analytical ability.
- Office automation and business applications;
- IT networks and related user applications
- Addressing the mechanics of desktop and other hardware equipment;;
- Demonstrated skill in user software/hardware set-up and troubleshooting; ;
- Troubleshooting user problems and diagnosing and/or making referral for solution;;
- Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;;
- Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing and spreadsheets and those specific to job duties;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, fingering, grasping, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Heavy Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Interested candidates can obtain more information and apply at www.cvgairport.com/jobs.
The Kenton County Airport Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans