POSITION #2 - Job Title: Machine Operator - Finishing inspectors - Quality control
Top international client with 22,000 employee in 35 countries and 165 production locations is hiring in the south jersey area for Moorestown and Lumberton..
Objective: Safe and Efficient operation of Automation Equipment and Machinery. Monitoring and testing, cleaning of components and finished goods at all stages of manufacturing to ensure consistent quality. Make necessary adjustments, repairs and change-overs to equipment as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operating Automation Equipment and Machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Testing of components and finished goods using calipers, height gauges, torque testers, etc. to ensure that all goods are being produced as per quality standards and practices set forth; and recording of said data.
- Preparing of components and materials necessary to be installed in and utilized by the Automation Machinery.
- Make necessary adjustments, repairs and change-overs to equipment as needed.
- Ability to recognize problems with equipment and components on an on-going basis; determine how they may effect the operation of the equipment and the quality of the products being produced.
- Practice extreme care while working around powered automation equipment to assure safety is a priority.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to follow instructions pertaining to the processing and testing of all machinery, equipment and materials.
- Knowledge and application of measuring tools such as calipers, depth micrometers, torque testers, etc.
- Ability to differentiate types of materials, colors, practices and applications.
- Able to analyze problems and provide solutions which will minimize equipment down-time.
- Ability to work closely with others to form a strong team spirit, and to offer training to others.
- Basic Math skills are needed, along with the ability to utilize basic hand tools.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience running machines
- Prior Automation Equipment experience preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct supervision responsibilities; however, may be assigned tasks related to training or guiding others.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and operating manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and managers, and other employees within the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve day-to-day problems that arise regarding materials and equipment in order to avoid causing bodily damage, damage to equipment and materials, producing materials that will later need to be reworked or scrapped.
Physical Demands: The physical demands include ability to frequently lift 20 lbs., and occasionally be able to lift up to 50 lbs; Standing for long periods of time. Effectively utilize basic handle tools to make on-going adjustments to machinery to ensure that it operates safely and does not create harm to people or products.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification
Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information
Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free work environment
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures
Planning and Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Attendance Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other ta
solid benefits to include: medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 100% matching 401K, profit sharing, bonus and great advancement potential for this client.