Automation Engineer - Storage
Exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join an Atlanta-based industry leader!
In this role, you will join our enterprise storage team which is responsible for SAN, NAS, CAS and backup engineering and administration. This team is responsible for developing Unix, Perl, and Python scripts to automate Storage tasks like Storage allocation to Linux, Windows, ESX and other hosts from HDS, VMAX, VNX and 3PAR arrays following policies and best practices. In order to be successful in this role, you must have the ability to create scripts from scratch and a solid understanding of Storage and IT infrastructure including Unix/Linux Servers, VMware, Storage Arrays and SAN architecture, fiber channel, networking, TCP/IP etc.
Enjoy this direct-hire opportunity in the Marietta / Sandy Springs area working with a team of true technologists that offers a robust benefits and bonus package and 1 day telecommute after ramp up!
- 3+ years Infrastructure Administration / Engineering experience
- 1+ year current hands-on experience with scripting / programming from scratch
- Experience automating infrastructure tasks across multiple platforms
- Scripting experience with 2 or more: Shell (Unix / Linux), Perl, or Python
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelors Degree
- Solid understanding of Storage technologies & tools (ex: HCS, Tuning Manager, Unisphere Manager , BNA, HUR, TrueCopy, SRDF, storage virtualization, etc)
- Perl and Python
- Experience working with large enterprise storage systems with large Hitachi HDS VSP/G1000/G1500, DELL/EMC VMAX/VNX, HP-3PAR, Brocade SAN switches/Directors