To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newport News, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Design Engineer
WorkRocket • Newport News, VA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Unique engineering career where your talents will be recognized and rewarded within this employee-owned organization!
As a Senior Design Engineer with our client, you will enjoy working for a 100% employee-owned company where you will literally have a financial stake in your efforts and the overall wellness of the organization. This is a rare opportunity to make an impact and effect the bottom line for a rapidly expanding organization while advancing your career and taking ownership in the company you work for.
Based in Newport News, VA, they are a leading supplier of quality aerospace research and development products. Recently growing to accommodate their success, ATI has a strong loyal customer base with an excellent reputation for quality products and service.
If you are successful in landing this opportunity, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance
- Awards for significant performance and profit-sharing bonuses in addition to 401K contributions and employee ownership stock
- Educational reimbursement
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities as they continue to expand and grow
If this sounds like you, then you owe it to yourself to check this out!
- Engineering support in the design of aerospace related structures
- Perform hand-calculations and preliminary analysis to determine appropriate initial sizing of structural components
- Perform tolerance stack-up analyses to ensure fit and function of complex assemblies
- Prepare/present design reviews to customer
- Provide direction and mentorship to other engineering/fabrication team members
- Provide scheduling estimates and coordinate team efforts to meet program goals
About our client:
Founded in 1988, our client provides engineering and fabrication services and produces a wide variety of wind tunnel models, test equipment, composite rotor blades, production and prototype tooling, prototype and experimental hardware, full-scale mock-ups and models and training devices. Their quality assurance system is ISO 9001/AS9100 certified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ATI wants to hear from you if you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- At least 4-6 years of experience in designing metallic and/or composite assemblies/components using SolidWorks, Pro-e, and KeyCrator
- Knowledge of simple mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic actuation mechanisms
- Knowledge of typical aerospace materials (high-strength alloys and composites)
- Solid foundation in engineering mechanics and strength of materials
- Capability to model and design complex mechanical systems with minimal supervision
Must be able to work for any US employer without sponsorship.