Machine operator to maintain and run the printing press according to production and quality specifications. Operators are responsible for machine maintenance, safety, production, quality, quantity and housekeeping.
Duties and responsibilities
- Must understand and carry out the production schedule for printing press including shift flexibility
- Perform set-up of print press including printing plates, color matching, registration, and label
- Print labels to customer standards and specifications
- Recognize, remove, and report poor quality labels
- Must learn and utilize X-Rite Color Analysis software, and maintain color database
- Perform basic machine maintenance
- maintain clean work area
- general machine cleaning
- general machine greasing and other duties
- Read and comprehend production schedule
- Read and comprehend customer orders and job paperwork
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Diploma
- Basic mathematical calculation skills
- Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Standing and walking 90% of the shift
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to push, pull, squat, bend or reach 80% of the workday
- Be able to handle, grasp, and perform repetitive motions
- Have eye/hand/foot coordination
- Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from 60 degrees to 90+ depending on the season and the department
Move Mechanical Part
Use Hand Tool
Operate Offset Press
Operate Hydraulic Press
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
It all started in 1954 as a small family-run operation in Bryant, Wisconsin. The Volm family sold groceries and hardware supplies, serving the needs of local dairy and potato farmers. During this time, Gerald Volm realized that local customers needed a reliable supplier of used and new burlap to get their potatoes to market. Over time, the company formed distributor relationships with other bag companies and moved its growing business to Antigo, Wisconsin where it began manufacturing its own products to meet changing market needs. The company has since expanded to include multiple manufacturing and distribution locations across the nation.
View the full profile
Today, we partner with customers such as Dole, Sunkist and Green Giant to produce packaging to their exacting specifications. We also serve national and regional retailers, such as Menards and Fleet Farm, to distribute consumer items such as snow and garden fences, shade cloth and privacy fabric.
Over the years, Volm may have grown to become one of the industry’s leading sources for packaging and equipment solutions, but we continue to follow Gerald Volm’s example by serving customers the high value solutions they need with the personalized customer service they deserve.