To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chattanooga, TN
- Tim Ulrey
- Phone: 800-690-3280
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Manager: Plastic Extrusion
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Chattanooga, TN
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SR. EXTRUSION & TOOLING ENGINEER / Engineering Manager – Plastic Extrusions
- Direct hire w/ relocation and benefits and solid 401K
- Pays to $108K base + bonus
- Niche job, other experience will not be considered - e.g. molding experience does not work.
This is an interesting “jack of all trades" kind of position at a non-automotive plastics manufacturer. Reiteration, non-automotive. Our client is a manufacturer of rigid plastic extruded products supplied to the consumer outdoor and building materials markets (siding, decking, custom decorations, etc.). They are looking for a strong engineer who can facilitate projects “cradle to grave" for their extruded products new product introductions. You will need some design experience - both tooling and product - extrusion processing proficiency and understanding. This doesn't mean you're a drafsperson - rather oversight of design phase of projects and then seeing the products through their journey to commercialization. This position will also support current product lines. You will have exposure to all new products and most improvement projects. Your input will be critical.
Plant Extrusion Engineer / Engineering Manager / Tooling Manager Responsibilities:
- The Senior Plastic Extrusion Engineer will be responsible for extrusion projects from design to product launch and continual improvement. This will include improvements in material formulations, tooling, and equipment.
- Tooling design, fixtures, and new equipment.
- Successfully introduce new extruded products, including heavy involvement in design, extrusion and fabrication tooling, materials and material development,
- Coordinate continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
- Coordinate all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and government regulations.
- (Highly preferred) BS Mechanical Engineering, BSChem-E, BS Polymer Science, BS Materials Science, BS Plastics Engineering, BS Rubber Engineering (Ferris State)
- OR 10 years of, specifcally, rigid plastic extrusion experience.
- 4+ years of intinmate interaction with tooling design projects, tooling sourcing, etc.
- 2+ years of functional and HANDS-ON Extrusion Engineering and product development experience within polymer extrusion processes such as Window Profiles, Fence, Decking, Pipe, or custom profile extrusions.
- The Extrusion Engineer will have strong knowledge of extrusion industry capital equipment, processing and tooling; and the ability to specify such equipment.
- Sufficient polymer knowledge to understand formula modifications and their prospective impact on the end product.
- Experience with agency approvals and product testing to meet specifications.
- Experience with formal continuous improvement tools such as lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 sigma.