ARE YOU AN ACCOUNTANT WITH A SERVANT'S HEART?
Our client, a prestigious and reputable nonprofit helping to create the next generation of leaders, is looking for an Accountant with a servant heart and mindset who is eager to grow to join their accounting team.
This position is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the annual operating budget, to include maintenance of internal controls and production of timely and accurate reports for use by the Finance and Audit Committees as well as the Executive Board. This position will be responsible for the review, analysis and interpretation of financial and budgetary reports, in a fast-paced office environment, to identify operational efficiencies.
- Identify ways of improving/streamlining work functions within the Accounting Dept. Evaluate outside office procedures and work to streamline procedures and assure that all locations are consistent.
- Serve as the staff lead for the annual audit.
- Ensure the general ledger remains in balance with the prior year’s audited financial statements.
- Provide supervision and management to the annual budget.
- Ensure annual budgets are entered and ready for Executive Committee approval at the November meeting.
- Manage receivable and inventory accounts, fixed asset additions/deletions, depreciation, ensure all contributions are properly classified by restriction classification and reconcile at end of periods.
- Review accounts monthly to identify erroneous and/or missing entries and prepare necessary journal entries, as required.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports in an accurate and timely manner for use by various parties for the council’s three fund consolidated balance sheet.
- Serve as backup to the Accounting Director, in a fast-paced office environment, in the event of prolonged absence and/or illness.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits including:
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous PTO plus twelve (12) paid holidays
- Retirement plan
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Five (5) years of prior accounting experience
- Previous not-for-profit experience as well as PeopleSoft skills preferred
- Candidates must have excellent knowledge of GAAP
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as with others
- Do what it takes to meet all required deadlines
- Some overtime should be expected based on office needs
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles