- Connecticut. Key's purpose and mission is to act as a change agent for people with disabilities, creating opportunities that encourage growth and meaningful life choices while assisting persons in finding home, health, friends, work, and presence in their communities. With support from the Department of Developmental Services, the Department of Social Services, and the Department of Children and Families of the State of Connecticut, Key provides a selection of services and supports, such as community living arrangements (group homes), individual supports, nursing services, and Birth to Three, to people with disabilities.
Work as a team player with adolescent female population with mental health, trauma and intellectual challenges. Maintain a safe home environment, including but not limited to providing redirection as needed, completing bed checks and administering medications. Working as a role model to teach, assist and counsel the teens with their activities of daily living skills, taking medications, attending doctor appointments, and homework. Participate in maintenance of household environment, complete required documentation that coordinates with their treatment plans and behavior plans. Support the teens with meal preparations, completing their chores and daily hygiene.
Full-time, Part-time and Casual position available in the following area: Hebron
- Full-time hours: Tuesday - Saturday 2 PM-10 PM
- Part-time hours: Hours: Wednesday - Saturday 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM
- Casual Hours: Hours will vary
• Associate's Degree or 60 College Credits
• Valid CT Driver's License
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• Medication Administration Certified through the DCF
• Experience working in the developmental disabilities field
Provide Physical Support
Offer Home Care
Maintain Healthy Environment
See the next step in your career
Direct Support Professional, DCF (Full Time, Part Time and Casual - Hebron)
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Since 1972, Keystone Human Services has been supporting and empowering adults and children in our quest to honor, engage, and advance the human spirit. From dreams of employment, education, and creative expression to the profound desire for love, friendship, respect, and autonomy, the individuals impacted by the Keystone vision highlight the significance of our collective experience and shared values.
View the full profile
Keystone Human Services is committed to creating an environment where all people can grow, make choices, and be valued and contributing members of society. Keystone provides comprehensive community-based services for children, young people, adults, and families in the areas of intellectual disabilities, autism, mental health, early intervention, and children and family services, serving individuals and families in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Delaware, as well as Moldova.
All people learn and grow throughout their lives, and some will become independent, while others will lead meaningful lives with support. We believe that all human life is sacred, having equal and unconditional value. Join us as a volunteer, an employee, or an avid supporter of Keystone and help us advance the human spirit.