To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
355 North Wilmot Road
Tucson, AZ 85711
- Abigail Luna
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Cook - Full Time
Curahealth Tucson • Tucson, AZ
Posted 9 days ago
Travel - None
Healthcare - Health Services
Restaurant - Food Service
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Prepares and serves food using proper food handling and food safety techniques for patients, employees and special events, resulting in foods that taste good, are served at the proper temperature, and in an attractive manner in accordance with established standards.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment in accordance with established standards.
Licenses or Certifications
- Food Handlers permit if required per state regulations.
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of tenth grade or above.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Six months’ experience in quantity food preparation.
- Experience with therapeutic diet preparation preferred.
Skills and Abilities, Proficiency and Productivity Standards
- Promotes healing environment individualizing interventions to enhance functional outcomes
- Organizes and prioritizes tasks and projects; accurately completes job responsibilities within the specified time constraints
- Adheres to ethical, regulatory and accreditation standards
- Speaks and communicates English effectively, both in verbal and written format
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- Respects Patient Rights and promotes customer satisfaction
- Works cooperatively with co-workers and other hospital employees
- Adapts to changes necessitated by guest/staff situations
- Seeks assistance as needed
- Writes legibly
- Functions proficiently in a Microsoft Windows environment (Can be removed for non-computer users)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling, and utilizing full range of body movement.
- Ability to stand, sit, reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl, grasp, use fine finger movement.
- Indoors in climate controlled environment; patient care environment with potential exposure to unpleasant odors, blood and body fluids which may carry infection, infectious disease, and chemical and electrical hazards.
As a representative of CuraHealth, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct affect on the hospital’s image and perceptions of quality care and service. Interaction with guests, visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, physicians, contract staff, vendors, and affiliate schools is in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior supports an atmosphere of teamwork that is congruent with hospital standards and guidelines to promote positive relations. The Cook exhibits and promotes the hospital’s Standards of Behavior throughout the hospital community.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.