To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
15 West 4th Street
Dayton, OH 45402
- Asia Curry
- Phone: (614) 340-6701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Behavioral Health Therapist
Equitas Health • Dayton, OH
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Behavioral Health Therapist is responsible for providing comprehensive, client focused mental health assessment and treatment utilizing individual, group and family modalities to people affected and infected with HIV/AIDS; LGBTQ clients; and the community at large. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines as stated by the Ohio Revised Code and put forth by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) or American Counseling Association (ACA) and agrees to adhere to NASW or ACA standards.
Position may be full-time or part-time.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to diagnosis and treatment of clients with behavioral health concerns; traveling; driving; utilizing a computer for typing and conducting research; attending meetings; conducting assessments and counseling; and producing clear, understandable, and timely notes and documentation.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide high quality outpatient mental health treatment for clients who have HIV/AIDS and their families; LGBTQ clients, and the community at large.
- Develop skills in DBT and other best practice interventions.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals involved in caring for shared clients by participating in a weekly team staffing.
- Complete comprehensive, client focused assessments, treatment plans and treatment evaluations with all clients.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Assist in development and facilitation of support groups and therapy groups.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Maintain client records as directed by agency policies and procedures that will be demonstrated by scoring no less than 90% on quarterly reviews.
- Document work with clients in electronic health record accurately and within two business days of service provision.
- Complete a minimum of 10 hours a year of HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ specific training to keep informed about current research and psychotherapy interventions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy or Doctorate in psychology required.
- Minimum of LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC, MFT, IMFT, or psychologist licensure required. Independently licensed candidates preferred.
- Post-master’s experience providing treatment in health/mental health/substance abuse setting preferred.
- Must have knowledge of, sensitivity to, interest in, and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices; a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered community, and poverty.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Knowledge and adherence to professional standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with [Equitas Health] AIDS Resource Center Ohio’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.