To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Summit, NJ
- Phone: (732) 272 0296
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT PMO – Program Manager for CMO / CBMI Initiative
Sunrise Systems, Inc • Summit, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sunrise System Inc. is currently looking for IT PMO – Program Manager for CMO / CBMI Initiative in Summit, NJ with one of our top clients.
Job Title: IT PMO – Program Manager for CMO / CBMI Initiative
Job Id: 18-04023
Location: Summit, NJ 07901
Duration: 9 months
Position Type: Hourly contract Position (W2 only)
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology, with progressively increasing responsibilities in delivery, project and program management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline
- PMP or Prince2 certification
- Experience with PPM tools and BI management reporting
- Expertise in MS Projects
- Advanced degree (MBA, Masters in Clinical Research or similar discipline)
- Experience with MS Project Server PPM system
- Agile CSM certification
- Training and experience with Agile development practices
- Pharmaceutical, biotech or regulated industry experience, specifically in bio-specimen management
- and supply chain management.
- Experience in a similar CMO organization
- The Program Manager role will be aligned with the CMO, supporting the Portfolio Manager and the Business Partner(s) of the CMO Clinical team, and work closely with program and project stakeholders.
- The Program Manager will have primary responsibility for managing and driving effective and efficient execution of selected program and project initiatives within the CMO, assigned by the Portfolio Manager, in collaboration with all members of the program and project teams.
- In addition, the Program Manager will:
- Fully understand the CMO program or projects under PMO management
- Learn the program or project objectives and detailed business requirements to provide continuity of vision and understanding across the team throughout the full lifecycle of the program or project
- Become knowledgeable about the solution architecture, data and services to be used to effectively:
Identify, track and actively manage dependencies, working closely with the Portfolio Manager on any cross-team dependencies
- Anticipate, track and mitigate program and project-related issues and risks
- Build and update program and project charters, which should be considered living documents to be updated as plans, budgets, resources and scope change
- Follow SDLC processes, gates and procedures and PMO best practices for managing programs and projects (which include the change control process needed to capture data around reasons for change)
- Unblock or escalate issues to the Portfolio Manager in a timely manner; then drive and own mitigation
- Communicate with the Portfolio Manager and associated Business Partner frequently regarding changes in program and project status and ensure that data is kept up to date in the EPM system.
- Provide transparency into program and project status, accomplishments, issues and risks, and next steps on a regular cadence set by the Portfolio Manager, with event-driven updates as needed
- Work closely with the Portfolio Manager and solution architects to give the IT build and run teams in GPT and GDS early visibility into upcoming demand related to the programs and projects managed
- Ensure the quality and on time delivery of SDLC artifacts and documents related to programs and projects managed, as well as timely execution of SDLC gate check processes
- Provide and track program-related accruals, budgets, forecasts and forecast revisions. Responsible for Purchase Orders, as well as updating and reconciling actual financials in the EPM system and the financial system, along with expenses incurred (though these activities may be delegated to a PMO project financial specialist)
- Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Depending on the size and complexity of the CMO Portfolios, the Program Manager may also act as a Project Manager on key projects
- Work closely with the Portfolio Manager and PMO Operations to identify and promote best practices and continuous improvement in PMO processes, systems, tools and reports
- Coach and mentor 2 - 5 Project Managers (including consultants and employees) who will be direct reports to the Portfolio Manager in the CMO, reside within the PMO organization and be aligned to serve the Portfolio Manager’s CMO
- In some cases, on larger programs, project managers and/or project coordinators will be assigned to programs and functionally report to the Program Manager for the duration of the program
- Both Program and Project Managers should clearly understand the business requirements (as stated above) and actively participate in pre-UAT activities and observe UAT for all applications
- Prepare and/or review Requests for Proposal and Statements of Work for programs and projects and ensure accuracy, and that best practices and policies are being followed
- Provide frequent feedback to assigned project management resources to promote growth and improvement
- Proactively seek lessons learned from other PMO staff, as well as from the PMO Lessons Learned database for programs and projects like those you are managing
- Conduct program and project level “lessons learned” and retrospective activities and complete or coordinate resulting action items, and add to the PMO Lessons Learned database as appropriate for the benefit of future programs and projects
- Elicit program priorities from the Business Partner and business clients, and be prepared to adjust in an entrepreneurial environment where priorities may change swiftly
- Work with the Portfolio Manager to train Stakeholders and ensure Stakeholder understanding, commitment and resourcing is in place for projects and programs to progress successfully
- Actively use PMO compliance reports to ensure program and project data is accurate and timely, updated weekly (at a minimum) and on an event-driven basis as changes occur
- Establish and manage the program and project team sites for programs and projects managed
- Lead program and project team meetings and ensure that team meeting minutes are taken, accurate and available for team review. Action items from these meetings are the responsibility of the Program Manger to assign to the appropriate owners, and to ensure actions are closed in a timely manner
- Lead and promote effective and clear communication for the benefit of the programs and projects managed
- Strong background in the Clinical trial and management space.
- Experience with bio specimen tracking and lifecycle processes.
- Experience with global cold chain custody process flow
- Experience with Lab Matrix, LIMS platforms, Electronic data exchange platforms and design
- Understanding and Experience with global privacy regulations and how these relate to human bio specimen management.
- Expertise in Project Management Office, SDLC and governance best practices
- Firm understanding of software development and configuration processes, including requirements gathering, analysis/design, planning, development tools/technologies, testing methodologies, release/version control, deployment management, disaster recovery planning and testing, post
- production hardening, and transition to run operations
- A track record of high quality, successful, large-scale, complex, on time and on budget delivery of major programs and projects
- Experience managing vendor-implemented packaged software programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Executive level presence and drive
- Expertise in setting and managing Business Sponsor and Stakeholder expectations
- Ability to effectively organize and motivate diverse teams to achieve goals
- Manage conflict and roadblocks well
- Experience running status meetings and effectively holding team members accountable for status, deliverables and timely escalation of blockers
- Track record of directly addressing issues of underperformance, as well as recognizing good performance
- Experience mentoring and coaching subordinates
- Exemplify a highly collaborative mindset and client service-focus
- Actively anticipate, track and plan for risks and issues, dependencies, resourcing and contingencies
- Function effectively as an advisor for the Business Partner and program and project stakeholders
- Build strong relationships and gain trust
- Understand business requirements and the value proposition for programs and projects
- Work closely and collaboratively with members of the PMO and program and project teams
- Communicate status, risks, dependencies and issues effectively
- Escalate issues in a manner that is effective, collaborative and respectful
- Demonstrate an analytical, objective, and strategic mindset
- Passion for identifying opportunities for change, as well as driving and achieving high quality results
- Develop an in-depth understanding of technology solutions implemented and business value
Direct: : (732) 272 0296 Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Sourabh Agrawal | Lead - Talent Acquisition
Direct: (732) 272 0301| Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]