To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
- Jodi Nguyen
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
EVO • Omaha, NE
Posted 7 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Work individually or in small teams to enhance and support existing mainframe applications
Work with the business analysts to define requirements
- Create functional designs/specifications from business requirements
- Participates in design reviews
- Work with distributed and mainframe teams to coordinate file delivery and access
- Follows the client’s Systems Development Methodology Lifecycle ensuring on time project delivery with the highest possible quality
- Engage in production support and Participate in on-call rotation to support the mainframe batch applications
- Propose, architect, design, develop, debug, test, troubleshoot, document, implement and support software systems while following appropriate coding standards and design patterns.
- Develop code, tests, and debugs new software
- Perform maintenance or enhancements on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications
- Write programs according to specifications needed
- Work with the technical staff to understand problems with software and then resolve them
- Respond to all reported current software production concerns
- Assist in the development of software user manuals
- Develop and maintain system documentation as per client expectations
- Work with management, clients, and other technology teams to ensure the product creates relevant and meaningful business results without negative impact to existing business and technology infrastructure.
- Develop stand-alone and mainframe-based software solutions using standard Software Development Life Cycle procedures.
- Utilize operating systems, servers, databases, data reporting tools, integrated development environments, process monitoring tools and best implementation practices.
- Pro-actively work with Development and Support staff in problem analysis, reproduction, and resolution.
- Perform system analysis and functional decomposition of software applications to drive software quality.
- Execute test cases/procedures and accurately and concisely report both progress and defect status, including gathering and reporting on project quality metrics.
- Enter issues, maintain issues, and manage defect tracking.
- Perform ad-hoc testing as needed.
- Resolve test process issues by effectively communicating and cooperating in team-oriented project situations with the Team Lead.
- Troubleshoot and find root cause of issues found during testing using technical knowledge.
Comfortable interacting both technical and non-technical people
Strong independent worker and self-starter
Ability work with aggressive schedules and deadlines
Works well with limited information
Must be used to working on existing, well establish code base, or starting new projects from the ground up
Must be comfortable collaborating with Operations and Quality Assurance teams
Outgoing, not afraid to speak up
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Flexibility and a genuine desire to learn
- Strong team/partnering skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work well with a team, and to execute tasks and projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively while under pressure
- Ability to write and present project materials effectively
- Ability to converse clearly on technical issues with subject matter experts (BAs) and peers (other members of the technical staff)
- Ability to communicate assigned tasks to peers, senior staff, and supervisors
- Ability to participate and contribute in closed meetings with members of the technical staff and subject matter experts
- Ability to converse openly on application, technical, and user issues to any member of the user community for the benefit of the employer
- Ability to multi-task, be extremely well organized, work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and be very detail-oriented
- At least ten (10) years of programming experience in a mainframe environment.
- Expert knowledge of COBOL/COBOL2, TSO/VSAM w/IDCAMS, JCL, PROCS and CICS, DFSORT/SYNCSORT, Intertest, FileAid, TSO/SPF
Production support experience – Batch and Online abends.
- Experience with file transfer protocols including NDM, FTP, SFTP
- Strong general IBM or AS400 mainframe experience
- Abend analysis and resolution tools knowledge
- Online and batch programming troubleshooting tools knowledge
- Library source maintenance tools knowledge
- Experience in full life cycle process
Preferred Additional Qualifications
Experience in Financial, Credit Card processing and Payment Services a plus
Transaction Processing Environment (TPE) Clerity/DELL
Batch Processing Environment (BPE) Clerity/DELL
Knowledge with Linux/Unix
Java and/or .Net Experience
Web Services/Rest APIs
Understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Driven Development
Messaging Systems (RabbitMQ, JBoss Messaging, MQ Series)
Experience with TFS, GIT
- A working knowledge of multi-platform development environments is a plus
Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology
Mainframe Developer (COBOL/CICS)
We are a Mainframe re-hosting shop looking for a Mainframe Programmer to join our team. A successful candidate will possess strong batch mainframe COBOL, VSAM, JCL and CICS skills.
Everyone pulls their own weight, so you have to be able to work independently, read and then update complex code, and take a project from request to production.
A given project might be to build a new feature, fix a bug, or improve performance.
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems required.