● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Obtains the required pre-admissions and admission information. Verifies source materials as to their authenticity and accuracy, and gathers correct and up-to-date information.
● Courteously explains any patients responsibilities, i.e.private room differentials, limited insurance coverage, etc. Thoroughly answers all patients inquiries pertaining to admission. Contacts the physician’s office if necessary, to rectify any patient demographics, or logistical problems.
● Accurately updates the computer system, to correctly reflect all personal and demographic information. Explains thoroughly all forms, and obtains and witnesses all required signatures on consent and financial agreements. Reviews thoroughly all previously obtained orders to ensure accuracy. Promptly enters each admission in the admission log book.
● Assists in taking reservation from the physician’s offices, in organizing the daily admissions boards and assigning the beds. Accurately and expeditiously enters all information in the computer systems and on admission waiting lists. Efficiently and courteously answers telephone and addresses all inquires. When necessary, assists in assigning patients to appropriate accommodations.
● Computes and compiles the hospital’s daily census. Gathers requested or required statistics on the census. Accurately gathers all pertinent data from the computer system, the admission log and the bed board. Adds, subtracts, and computes all data accurately. Records and transcribes all statistics accurately.
● Answers the telephone and inquires in a pleasant and courteous manner; promptly identifying the department when answering the telephone. Answers routine inquiries accurately and refers non-routine inquiries to the supervisors. Takes messages thoroughly and accurately.
● Cooperates and communicates with all hospital staff, including physicians, patients, their families and visitors in a courteous, effective and professional manner. Is attentive to others in order to respond appropriately, answers questions, or obtains needed information. Maintains the confidentiality of all, patient, physician and hospital related information. Communicates ideas, problems, suggestions and messages in a timely and effective manner.
● Recognizes problems and sees solutions as appropriate. Is able to determine when a problem should be referred to the manager or requires a follow-up attention. Seeks information necessary for accurate completion of job duties and uses reference materials to ensure accuracy.
● Demonstrates the ability to recognize, establish and attend to priorities. Strives to make good use of time during the assigned shift through careful coordination of daily tasks. Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting well to changes in scheduling.
● Makes appropriate suggestions which would enhance or benefit the area or department. Volunteers assistance to others when appropriate. Seeks additional assignments when assigned work is completed. Demonstrates an ability and desire to learn more skill sets.
● Ensures departmental compliance with applicable standards of The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals, as well as, applicable federal, state and city regulations. Designs and implements a comprehensive program of quality assurance. Remains aware of current regulatory requirements and thoroughly answers any questions pertaining to these documents.
● Adheres to departmental guidelines concerning sick time, vacation, personal days, and other paid/unpaid leaves. Arrives on time for work and meetings, provides proper notification of absences or tardiness and maintains a professional appearance; wears identification badge at all times.
THIS POSITION CAN REQUIRE A 24/7 ROTATING SHIFT. CANDIDATE MUST HAVE AVAILABILITY TO WORK DAYS, NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS AS THE NEED ARISES. OVERTIME MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED AS NEEDED.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all applicants without consideration to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.