To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5718 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77057
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Nonprofit Staff Accountant
Creative Financial Staffing • Houston, TX
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you interested in nonprofit accounting, but do not have nonprofit experience? Do you want to work for a mission-driven organization? Well, then you should check this out!!!! Our client is adding an Accountant to their team. A degree is not required. We are looking for 3 to 10 years of general ledger accounting experience and a positive attitude!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Responsible for all general accounting and monthly posting activity.
- Prepare monthly close checklist for all journal entries required.
- Analyze and reconcile accounts.
- Responsible for recording of payroll and all shared costs
- Responsible for reconciliation of monthly bank statement on a timely basis (following completed work on shared costs allocations)
- Maintain ongoing monthly audit schedules as assigned
- Maintain Fixed Asset List and calculation of monthly depreciation
- Responsible for petty cash and reconciliation for replenishment
We are looking for a degreed Staff Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- General Accounting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General ledger experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including intermediate to expert Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
Keywords: staff accountant, accounting, accountant, general ledger accountant, finance