To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stephanie Skinner
- Phone: 502-379-6140 x 2604
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Ashley Furniture HomeStore • Louisville, KY
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For more information or to apply directly to our company job board please click on the link below:
The Dufresne Spencer Group, the largest owner of Ashley Furniture HomeStores, Stash Home, and VIA Productions has an opening for a Talent Acquisition Specialist in Louisville, KY. We offer generous vacation packages, employee furniture discounts, multiple healthcare options, premium discounts, employee perks packages, 401(k), and other great benefits.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is involved in key aspects of the recruiting process, including employment branding, interviewing, selection, hiring, and candidate relationship management. Successful candidate must be able to execute an efficient and highly effective recruiting process that creates an exceptional candidate experience. The ideal candidate will aggressively work to meet goals; will be service oriented, highly engaged, driven by metrics, and approachable.
- Coordinate all aspects of the interview process, including interview scheduling, phone screening, and candidate selection
- Coordinate and manage the offer letter process and pre-employment activities, including conducting background checks
- Coordinate and participate in networking and recruiting events
- Develop and maintain networking relationships with community organizations, colleges and universities, alumni organizations, industry organizations, employees and colleagues to help identify and source qualified talent
- Direct-source applicants from competition in both retail and non-retail environments
- Develop creative recruitment solutions if the account/region is experiencing difficulties in attracting the appropriate level and quality of staff
- Ensures that recruiting and hiring practices are compliant with all applicable local, state, and federal employment laws
- Bilingual a plus English/Spanish
- Performs other related duties as required
- Act as backup to other HR personnel as needed and assist with special department projects as needed.
High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of Human Resources experience in a multi-state environment
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Requires an efficient, detailed-oriented person who can be responsive in a deadline and results driven environment
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and be able to respond effectively to completing priorities
- Requires exceptional communication skills including written and verbal skills to interface effectively with executives and all levels of staff
- Possesses a strong level of discretion to manage highly confidential information
- Strong judgment is required to manage completing priorities and to understand the scope and urgency of requests
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office with particular strength in MS Word and Excel
This job operates in a professional open office environment, requiring the ability to use discretion with volume of verbal communication so as not to disrupt or distract other employees situated nearby or in discussing confidential employee matters. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scan/copy/fax machines, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time exempt position with minimum hours of work on Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties or company initiatives demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DSG is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.