To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Amy Cleghon
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software System Engineer
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DCS Corp is seeking a Software System Engineer - Ground Combat Vehicle for their locations in Warren, Michigan.
Provide systems engineering and project management for the design, development, fabrication, integration, test, maintenance and continual enhancement of DCS Corp Customer's Program Executive Office - Ground Combat Systems performing vehicle software and system engineering functions.
Support efforts in the requirements analysis, design, development, execution and sustainment of world class vehicle electronics systems pertaining software integration for ground combat vehicles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a combined project team of government and contract employees located in many different locations while meeting directed delivery dates to meet fielding requirements.
- Interface with Program and Project Managers, Software Engineers, System Architects, Logisticians and Engineers from other organizations to identify system requirements for Combat Vehicle Systems.
- To provide guidance, leadership and to actively work with a team of diversified engineers and technicians in executing system engineering practices consistent with defined organizational standards.
- Develop and/or provide inputs to project plans of execution to include scope, budget, resource needs, material needs, and schedule.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. citizenship is required. Must have the ability to obtain a Government security clearance.
- Engineering Degree plus 5 years of experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate project status to include development, test and risk, to higher level leadership.
- Experience in working with medium to high complexity hardware/software systems.
- Experience with fire control systems for Ground Combat Vehicles. Experience with Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and/or Interface Description Documents (IDDs).
- Experience in analyzing, developing and documenting system level requirements, design and test procedures.
- Ability to lead and motivate team of engineers and technicians.
- Experience working within and tracking progress against project plans, schedules, scope, budget and resources.
- Ability to travel to various customer and contractor facilities and test centers (10% Travel).
- Experience in developing system engineering solutions for Army Ground Combat Vehicle Systems.
- Experience with US Army Ground Combat Vehicle System Electronics Hardware and Software.
- Experience with data transfer protocols and network protocols. Experience in Systems of Systems Architectures for Army Systems.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance restrictions associated with Ground Combat Vehicles.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management.